1985 Shipwreck Variant?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : 1985 Shipwreck Variant??

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know if there is a Shipwreck Variant. YoJoe show that there is none known?? What constitutes a variant in Joe's? I understand that factory errors are factory errors.

The reason for the question is that I have just aquired 10 crisp loose Shipwreck figures, in changing out their O-rings I noticed (1) of them seemed to have a different look than the rest, but has the same markings. His facial hair is much thinner (very noticeable) and his upper right tatto seems to be fairly smaller than all the others (very noticeable). Now I haven't had the chance to take any pics yet, but was wondering would somthing of this nature constitute a variant??

JeffreyKabal
08-19-2004, 05:22 PM
dunno, let see some pics.

I had something like it with Ripcord.

orange hair and brown hair.
A webmaster of yojoe told me he was searching for one mib...
But there are definitely variations which aren't mentioned and you may have one. But first pictures before any conclusions hehe :)

frenchy
08-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Yep, no way to tell without a pic.

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
08-19-2004, 06:56 PM
K, I'll put one up as soon as I take the pic..:)

JeffreyKabal
08-19-2004, 07:36 PM
great! Surprise us!
I mean a lot of mysteries came to a discussion, and maybe more!

Aaron
08-19-2004, 10:35 PM
You know, I may just be imagining this, but I swear I read somewhere a long time ago that Shipwreck had 2 versions of his tattoo. Like I said, I might be imagining that, though.

JeffreyKabal
09-06-2004, 12:46 PM
still waiting for the pics

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
09-06-2004, 06:15 PM
So I've taken a pic that I think is decent, I don't have it set up in a URL so If you want to see it, just PM me your email address and I'll send it. I found it best to notice when you transition from looking at the middle Shipwreck to the ones next to him and back quick rather than trying to look at the whole pic. The tatoo is kinda hard to notice but there is a difference, it's much thinner than the others, but the face is a dead giveaway. Like I mentioned, the other figures facial hair is much thicker, tatoo's thicker, and belt buckle slightly thicker. I now have 12 of these in NM-M condition and I'm telling you that this one just stuck out when I was cataloging them. Anyway, if I take the time to send the pic to you, please take the time to respond on this thread your thoughts, I would like to know.

JeffreyKabal
09-07-2004, 01:06 AM
you've got mail!

JeffreyKabal
09-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Well I've seen the pics and it's very hard to tell.
The beard is indeed smaller (thinner whatever you want to call it) then the others, but the tattoo ..well i can't see it.
Maybe it's just me, but then again it's a picture in real life it would be easier to see.
but the beard is thinner yes, Variation?
No I don't think so, I do think this is just a factory "variation".
My 2 Blast-offs are also both different in colours. But is this a variation?
No, it's the paint they use in factories and sometimes more colour is used and sometimes the needle (or whatever) is a bit dirty etc. It may be the reason why the beard is thinner. Dunno for sure, but it is possible.