Here's another one as promised [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Here's another one as promised

Desert Rat 157
08-20-2004, 08:48 PM
"His eyes have seen the legions of Rome trample the Gauls and Nervii into dust. His hand lifted the horse-hair baton that signalled the first charge of the Carthaginian armored elephant phalanx. His ears have heard the rattle of French Cuirassiers on the streets of Moscow. But it is his mind we must fear the most. The thoughts of the Cobra Emperor have not drifted from global conquest since the reign of King Solomon..."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/desertrat197/DSCF0930.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/desertrat197/DSCF0933.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/desertrat197/DSCF0932.jpg

frenchy
08-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Nice Work!

crimson tide
08-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Sweet Serpentor!!! That is awesome!!

GILTYONE
08-21-2004, 06:08 PM
Nice work on the one there it look dead on. If I may have a little word......... The head dress looks a little like a rat but I have done no better to talk. NICE MAN.

thorn
08-22-2004, 06:18 PM
yeah i mena what is going on with the head? very cool figure, but you mention something about an elephant in the post, but the nyeah it loks like a rat, that really looks like you did it on purpose, it is no snake-
what???????

Desert Rat 157
08-22-2004, 06:37 PM
Ok I've heard Rat and Elephant. Apparently I'm not good with sculpey yet. :( Practice, practice, practice.

you mention something about an elephant in the post, but the nyeah it loks like a rat, that really looks like you did it on purpose, it is no snake-
what???????No I did not do this a purpose and I belive that I atleast took the time and effort to make it. I've notice it's real easy for people to criticize, some much for 2 days worth of work
Thanks to those for the good complements

billybob
08-22-2004, 10:42 PM
is that mickey mouse?;)

red25thta
08-23-2004, 12:38 AM
yeah i mena what is going on with the head? very cool figure, but you mention something about an elephant in the post, but the nyeah it loks like a rat, that really looks like you did it on purpose, it is no snake-
what???????
He was talking about the past with the Elephant Warriors.
Serpentor was created from some of the greatest warriors of the past.

I love the history lesson (G)

billybob
08-23-2004, 01:15 AM
well mickey is a great warrior from the past

RocketJawa
08-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Well.. All is not lost in the helmet.. The good part it Sculpy can be added to , baked, added to, baked.. etc...

Try looking at pics of real snakes for reference... IE: King Cobras and Green tree pythons.. Look at their exes... they have larger humps for their eyes, and they have sort of flares at times for the nostrils....

Also, maybe some texture on teh inside of the hood.. The part that looks like the Micky mouse ears...

That will difuse the disney look...

Also, try sculpting a lot of scales....

Desert Rat 157
08-23-2004, 02:43 PM
RocketJawa,

Thanks for the tips. I haven't been working with sculpey very long so I know I need a lot of work. So it's a good thing I can always try again later. My first sculpted head was the Red Skull and even that took 4 tries before I finally got one I was somewhat happy with.

Again thanks for the tips they will certainly help out.

RocketJawa
08-23-2004, 04:08 PM
No problem!!
I am just starting with sculpy also.. You can see my first snake eyes head on a figure I sis Saturday posted here under My First Custom.. I "sculpted that in like 15 min.. And when I was done witht the whole figure I hated it, so I decided to take more time on a new one.. Im almost done so Ill post pics soon...

As for your head... Stick with what you have now as a good base, and build it up.. Its easier to *** detail onto something when you have ahardened base.. Fo Snake eyes (The new one) I sculpted the head, baked it, THEN added on the visor and baked it again.. and it is MUCH better this time...

I would reference the Green tree python for head shape.... They are amazin snakes and look like the serpentr helmet a lot, minus KK spread....

www.chondroweb.com has lots of links to pictures, and www.ssnakess.com has a section in its forums on Venomoid snakes.. A lot of people have their own snakes on a web site you can find in their signatures...

Keep in mind that you dont HAVE to rush... Take your time and you will be happier... Also, try resculting the snakes on this chest.. bit add scales, better paint, etc.... YOu will notice cobras bellies are lighter that their tops, etc...