Someone going to SDCC? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Someone going to SDCC?

umgriz
06-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Looking for somebody that is going to SDCC to pick me up one of the Joe/Trans crossover sets...you know the Hound (Vamp) with Jetfire (Skystriker). I really want this thing, but will be unavailable to constantly refresh at hasbro's website. Obviously, I would pay actual cost+shipping, plus a small fee for your time/trouble (we can negotiate this later).

LMK if you can hook me up. Thanks

umgriz
07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Anyone? Surely someone is going that might be interested in making a small profit while helping out a fellow collector?

grunt 4 mvp
07-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I suspect they are more interested in a large profit, unfortunately...

Super Sport
07-08-2013, 05:04 PM
I suspect they are more interested in a large profit, unfortunately...

Given the cost of attending, plus the time, effort and drama, I don't blame them.

umgriz
07-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Given the cost of attending, plus the time, effort and drama, I don't blame them.

Ridiculous comment. I'm not asking someone to only go to help me out. I'm asking if there is anyone already going that could help out a fellow yojoer. Like I said, the fee above and beyond actual cost is negotiable.

The truly sad thing here for me is, when I left this board back in 06, this kind of request would have generated a response already, and likely that response would have declined anything beyond actual cost. This community has changed, I guess.

Super Sport
07-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Ridiculous comment. I'm not asking someone to only go to help me out. I'm asking if there is anyone already going that could help out a fellow yojoer. Like I said, the fee above and beyond actual cost is negotiable.

The truly sad thing here for me is, when I left this board back in 06, this kind of request would have generated a response already, and likely that response would have declined anything beyond actual cost. This community has changed, I guess.

Ridiculous comment? If you think, that I thought, you expected someone to go to SDCC specifically to help you than you are incorrect. It's obvious that you were asking for help from someone already attending the event. I don't think that's out of line, as I've personally helped a few others get what they want when I can and at cost (Not SDCC though, never been to, never will go because it's not as fun as many think)...

However, if you want to talk about 'ridiculous', it's the belief that doing what you are asking would be so effortless. SDCC is a riot. Vendors sell out of items quickly, lines run out the door, and tempers rise. You truly haven't been around since 06, otherwise you'd know that acquiring SDCC exclusives, especially from Hasbro, is no walk in the park. Yup, ridiculous.

umgriz
07-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Ridiculous comment? If you think, that I thought, you expected someone to go to SDCC specifically to help you than you are incorrect. It's obvious that you were asking for help from someone already attending the event. I don't think that's out of line, as I've personally helped a few others get what they want when I can and at cost (Not SDCC though, never been to, never will go because it's not as fun as many think)...

However, if you want to talk about 'ridiculous', it's the belief that doing what you are asking would be so effortless. SDCC is a riot. Vendors sell out of items quickly, lines run out the door, and tempers rise. You truly haven't been around since 06, otherwise you'd know that acquiring SDCC exclusives, especially from Hasbro, is no walk in the park. Yup, ridiculous.

I misinterpreted your original comment. I just wanted to be sure it wasn't thought that I was asking someone to go specifically for this.

Of course I know SDCC is a riot, I have several friends who have gone and they back up you are saying about it. I realize being there and going through lines and such is a pain, which is why I offered an additional fee. I love how you assume that because of what I am asking that I must be new to this or something. That is more ridiculous than anything else in this thread.

Average Joe
07-08-2013, 10:36 PM
200 on eBay. That's pretty reasonable considering the time and effort needed to stand in line to possibly get ONE item.

umgriz
07-09-2013, 08:09 AM
200 on eBay. That's pretty reasonable considering the time and effort needed to stand in line to possibly get ONE item.

Agree. Reasonable.