New Categories [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : New Categories

Jeff Bohn
08-24-2004, 12:43 AM
Here's a new category, feel free to make suggestions and ask questions about the site and the board here.

YoJoe.com Updates will also be posted in this forum.

In addition to this forum, there are now forums for International, Variants, Regional and Sightings, and OT Regional and Sightings.

If any of the forums prove to be not useful, they will be able to be merged into another forum.

Also, we are planning to add other forums as needed, especially for shows (like a G.I.Joe Convention forum being added a few months before the show).

I also moved a few topics to the new forums, but redirects have been left in the previous forums.

james strickland
08-24-2004, 01:56 AM
wow that makes the board bigger I like the reginal sightings things

danyanda
08-24-2004, 11:03 PM
I personally liked fewer sections. I know they may have been a little more cluttered, but I liked them better.
Don't take this as criticism, I realize at least some of the rationale behind the further segregation of the boards, but IMO it makes it harder to navigate rather than easier (this may be because I am a dyslexic agnostic insomniac who stays up all night wondering if there really is a dog. Is that too religious?:)).

frenchy
08-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I think its perfect now except the OT sightings. Thats not needed IMO. There could be single sightings section. Like Jeff said if one section doesnt work it can be removed. This is a trial thing. If it works well it will stay. I think its a good idea.

Jeff Bohn
08-25-2004, 08:07 AM
Exactly, nothing is set in stone, but we'll give it a couple weeks to see what sticks. We don't have any plans for any further expansion at the moment.

shmoomonkey
08-25-2004, 06:29 PM
Personally, I like the fact that each area has been somewhat expanded; it may take a little more time to navigate, but at least one has more options and our gentle mods hopefully won't have as many instances where threads are begun or answered in the wrong area. Thanks, all. I happen to love this board.

Cobra_Island_Survivor
08-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I don t like it with so many sections - it s harder to navigate, I cannot keep up with the conversations and I ve lost my interest.... you ve made it too COMPLICATED !!!

Patrick A. Riley
08-26-2004, 08:28 PM
Or maybe you can just have the 5 main Forums listed on the first page (without the subforums shown below them)

1. YoJoe.com and Board Related
2. G.I. Joe (3 3/4") - Brought to you by Yo Joe!
3. G.I.Joe Classifieds
4. Classifieds Feedback and Advice
5. Off Topic and Other

acmirro
08-27-2004, 02:15 AM
I am so happy that we now have a forum for International items. Before, these oft forgotten posts were buried beneath "Favorite Figures, Look here at this auction, and new item" posts and they did not get the attention they so rightfuly deserve! :)

Now, we can have a discussion about them and they stay on the top of the list for anyone who is interested.

Same goes for the Variant, and regional forums.

If you dont care about those kinds of posts, be glad they dont clog up the forums you frequent.

I don't read the Cartoon threads much, (unless someone points out something to me) and I am glad they dont litter the toys section. That doesnt mean we dont need a Cartoon section; obviously we do, plenty of posts appear there.

I believe that with a wider variety of forums, more people have the ability to have their posts replied to by people with common interests.

Tattoo Shane
08-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Is there any way we could puh-leeeease break the toy category down into 1982-1997 and 2000-Present sub-categories? ;) :D

Druss
08-27-2004, 10:08 AM
The biggest issue I am seeing is some of the smaller forums are now getting ignored by most of the posters. For example Regionial....I am trying to get a New England get together going....a pretty big area but so far have a grand total of 12 views after having it posted for 3 days, and at least 3 or 4 of those views are me.

Had it been in the GD forum a lot more people would see it. Now this may get better as time goes on but too many forums can really spread things too thin. On a site with only 20-25 concurrent users on at most times there is too many individual forums.

Why not add Sub-Forums rather than everything on their own? People browsing Toys will be drawn closer to similar forums(Misc Merchandise, etc), a Region section with sub-forums for sightings, the board will be smaller and with similar interests grouped you may get more overlap.