Season 2 Part 2 Update [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Season 2 Part 2 Update

Duke1
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
They aren't releasing any more dvd sets? How can they do that too us? I just read the news on the main page and I encourage all of you who haven't already, to go to the main page, read the article and then e-mail to the rhino link provided requesting the rest of our favorite cartoon to be released. Does anybody know why the aren't releasing any more? Lack of sells, interest, to costly, etc... This has come as some shocking news to me today, and I am very dissapointed. I would think that they would release the entire series, not just half of it, or less. Everybody who wants the sets that are out, should go get them now. Maybe if sales increase, then they will see a demand for them. Then again, it's tough enough to find them in stores anyway, so maybe demand isn't the problem. Sorry, I'm just really upset at this news.

frenchy
08-24-2004, 10:13 PM
Thats the buisness world. One company is mad at another and you have problems like this. I suggest EVERYONE that hasnt got the toons yet get them. $ still talks, and if we order a good number then they might do Season 2 Part 2.

the joe bandit
08-24-2004, 10:21 PM
And like Duke1 said, go to the YoJoe magazine, find the contacts for Rhino video and politly contact them letting them know you are interested!

Perhaps we can make this a little more visable to others that visit the boards. I know this news has been out there since the 21st and I just noticed it now!

highlander
08-25-2004, 07:42 AM
i just sent them a letter asking them to reconsider and finish the set off
may be others will do the same .

EagleEyeJoe
08-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Well it seems like our write campaign has gained some attention. So much attention that Rhino has said they "intend" to do part 2 "sometime soon".

crimson tide
08-25-2004, 07:22 PM
Well it seems like our write campaign has gained some attention. So much attention that Rhino has said they "intend" to do part 2 "sometime soon".
Boy I'm happy about that!! I have the first two dvd's and intend to buy season 2 part 1 soon. :D

fryinpan1
08-26-2004, 02:37 PM
I emailed Rhino on Tuesday and today they sent me this reply:

Rhino Home Video is pleased that the release of G.I. Joe Season Two Part One has happened in the fourth quarter of 2004. Originally, this release was meant to be the entire second season, but due to production deadlines we were unable to secure enough bonus materials.

So, for our last deluxe boxed set of the series, Season Two Part Two, we want to do something extra special - as a thank you to the loyal fans who loved "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers" as children and have been so supportive of our efforts on DVD.

Details will be announced soon.

Rhino Home Video is no longer a part of AOL Time Warner, and our relationship with Hasbro remains as strong as ever. We wish them the best in their joint venture with Paramount in the children's DVD realm, while we continue with what we have always done best - packaging nostalgia and giving our customers the opportunity to relive an important part of their life, through music or filmed entertainment.

Sincerely,

Rhino Home Video

the joe bandit
08-26-2004, 02:49 PM
I got the same reply, was just going to post it but you beat me to it!

FireFox91
08-26-2004, 05:10 PM
I e-mailed Rhino last week about the possible non-release of Season 2, Part 2. I got a reply today and it appears to be GOOD NEWS!

Rhino Home Video is pleased that the release of G.I. Joe Season Two Part One has happened in the fourth quarter of 2004. Originally, this release was meant to be the entire second season, but due to production deadlines we were unable to secure enough bonus materials.
So, for our last deluxe boxed set of the series, Season Two Part Two, we want to do something extra special - as a thank you to the loyal fans who loved "G.I. Joe" and "Transformers" as children and have been so supportive of our efforts on DVD.

Details will be announced soon.

Rhino Home Video is no longer a part of AOL Time Warner, and our relationship with Hasbro remains as strong as ever. We wish them the best in their joint venture with Paramount in the children's DVD realm, while we continue with what we have always done best - packaging nostalgia and giving our customers the opportunity to relive an important part of their life, through music or filmed entertainment.

Sincerely,

Rhino Home Video

It sounds promising!