The Fridge. Varient. [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : The Fridge. Varient.

KING
08-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Not that he would be worth anything at all but what are the odds of this, I look at the fridge varients here on yo joe ( http://yojoe.com/action/variations/fridge_wristbands.jpg ) And then I look at My fridge and notice that his arm bands are most deffinetly different. as his left hand begins with red as both of these his left arm band begins with blue. ( http://c.myspace.com/00018/06/08/18838060_l.jpg )

Probably just a painter in china screing up but just thought I'de pass it on.

frenchy
08-25-2004, 09:56 AM
Hmm, sounds like a paint error.

Mr. Wolf
08-25-2004, 04:55 PM
hhhmmm wait let me check...

lees action figure guide

yojoe

actual figure....hey yeah your right paint error!!!!:eek:

notpicard
08-25-2004, 10:10 PM
Actually, this would be a legitimate variation. The trouble I am having is determining what combinations of variations occurred on Fridge. Most of the loose ones I encounter have a worn out belt.

The way the arm bands are is somewhat hard to describe. The base color is white, then they added the red and blue stripes over it, but sometimes the blue would be on the inside and sometimes the inside would be red.

But what I don't know is what combinations (of left and right arms) this occurred in. The link you posted is of 2 Fridges I have:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/variations/fridge_wristbands.jpg

Now, the one on the left has two inner blues. The one on the right has a left inner blue and a right inner red. What I need to know is if the inner colors always matched or if you could actually get any combination of the following:

red inner left, red inner right
red inner left, blue inner right
blue inner left, blue inner right
ble inner left, blue inner right

The paint wear on the two arms on the right doesn't match. But that is how I got the figure loose. Were parts swapped? If so, it is possible that there are just 2 of the combinations above.

Then the whole belt buckle variation complicates things. He has a brown or silver belt. With that in mind, you could have all of the 4 possible combinations listed above on each belt. That would make a total of 8 distinct Fridge figures. But then, if the combinations don't exist, as few as 2 distinct Fridge figures.

What I need now is more information/images. And I don't plan on updating the facts of this unless I see MIP figures. I think that doing anything else without more information first wouldn't be right. As it is, we just have listed what information we know.

Are there 2 or 8 Fridges? I'm glad you guys are looking. :)

KING
08-26-2004, 06:17 AM
It could drive one mad :)

Mr. Wolf
08-26-2004, 11:06 AM
uhuhuuh ...okay...fridge variant c'mon man....why...:eek:

GBPackRat
08-26-2004, 10:13 PM
I was taking inventory this evening and came acrossed my Fridge. I bought it loose just this summer at the Kane County Toy Show from a dealer who had a box of figures. I doubt he did any swapping, but it's possible the person before the dealer might have swapped.

Anyhow, the Fridge I've got has the Red Right, Blue Left inner wrist band combo. Also, my Fridge has a silver belt buckle, on a brown, and the buckle has GI Joe printed on the buckle. The figure shows almost no paint wear, so that isn't an issue.

Anyhow, I have no idea if this helps any, but thought I would lend a little input on what I've got.

Tanner

KING
08-27-2004, 06:26 AM
Packrat, Same here. The one in the photo is flawless. I got him from a very respectable dealer here on the board so I can almost guarante there was no swapping. Mine too has the silver belt buckle on brown with the Jo logo. So I gues if there are more of these out there it is possibly a legit Varient. Which Is pretty cool. ;)