Your Opinions, Please on a few Custom Concepts [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Your Opinions, Please on a few Custom Concepts

Storehouse
08-11-2013, 09:29 PM
After recently receiving a DG Wave 2 Shipwreck from getoe1, it jump-started a creative engine of mine when it comes to customs. While I knew I was going to use that figure's torso and arms for a modern-era Night Force Skidmark custom, the rest of the parts left me puzzled with what to do. So, after matching a few pieces and examining a few others, I've come up with a few modern era custom recipes that I hope to fully execute once I get the remaining parts and accessories. I'd like your opinions on each:

1. Modern era Night Force Mace: The parts I had started clicking together once I remembered that the Chuckles from this year's convention set used the same legs, so I figured what better way to tie the two undercover Joes.
Head--TBD (could use suggestions, but as long as they aren't Joe heads that are easily recognizable. Marvel or Star Wars heads would suffice.)
Torso and arms--ROC Thunderblast (Resolute Duke mold) with a few painted details, mainly the elbow pads, pockets, undershirt, and the skin showing on the lower arms (all black)
Hands--TBD, though I am leaning towards the ROC General Hawk (unless I find some black gloved hands with decent-sized pegs)
Legs--DG Wave 2 Shipwreck (with the addition of a holster and pistol/silencer combo)
Accessories--Silver Spy Troops Destro shotgun with black painted details (like the 2009 Convention figures), extra 25th Falcon/ROC Shockblast knife, 25th Chuckles/Recondo holster

2. Modern era 'tundra' Frostbite: Probably the only custom I have planned with the most minimal of paint apps, mainly on the belt area and the beard.
Head: DG Wave 2 Shipwreck with beard painted black and the addition of some goggles
Body: ROC Ice Dagger driver Frostbite with belt painted black and buckle painted silver
Accessories: ROC Destro holster, ROC standard Joe pistol, comic pack M-16 with scope added on
My main questions regarding this are: A) does the green on Shipwreck's hat match that of the pants of the Frostbite, and B) does the ROC Destro holster fit snugly on the Frostbite torso?

3. Modern era 2008 Headhunter Guard: I was inspired by the custom Oreobuilder did for his "Battle Corps Month" series from last month, and the best part is, the actual Headhunter Guard figure's color matches that of the figure I'm using.
Head, torso, arms, legs: Renegades Cobra Commander (head is the full-faceplate version)
Hands: DG Wave 2 Shipwreck (POC Snake Eyes mold)--they match the black gloves on the HH Guard.
Accessories: ROC Rampage belt, 25th Shipwreck (2007) shotgun, ROC Shipwreck launcher with the extra missile from the launcher found in the 2009 Resolute boxed set. Hat is TBD, as is a decent backpack and a pistol for the holster.

4. Modern era Night Force Skidmark: This was the one that started it all once I saw the repaint of the DG Shipwreck. That green matches the original Skidmark figure's pretty well, so I knew I could use it once I got it.
Head: Renegades Cobra Trooper (unmasked), which I'm sure a lot of people have done
Torso and arms: DG Wave 2 Shipwreck
Hands: 30th Lifeline or Retaliation Mouse
Legs: ROC Paris Pursuit/Jet Storm Cycle Snake Eyes
Feet: 25th Snake Eyes (2007)
Accessories: ROC Breaker vest with various bits added on, including a pistol for his holster

Any opinions on these would be greatly appreciated, especially with regards to my Frostbite questions.