Sgt. Slaughter mail-in variation [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Sgt. Slaughter mail-in variation

tdutton17
08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
I have recently come across a variation of the mail in version of Sgt. Slaughter. The decal on his boots are painted differently. One has the stripes painted yellow with a red background and the other one has stripes that are painted red with a yellow background and a red border. If anyone has any more information that has to do with this possible variation, please reply.

AVAC
08-27-2004, 05:10 PM
A picture of the two would be helpful for comparison. If you can, post one.

AVAC
08-30-2004, 01:13 AM
In my opinion, that is a legit variant. I looked at my Sgt. Slaughter I got back in the day and he has the yellow stripes with red border. Does anyone else have either one? I would be curious to see which of the two appears to be the harder to find verison, if either one is.

notpicard
08-30-2004, 01:51 AM
I'd call this one legitimate as well. How do the USA logos on his chest compare? What about the date/country stamps?

etmartin
08-30-2004, 08:33 AM
the one with the thicker red border...I looked at both, I don't think the stripes are painted any different...I think the red border is just thicker on one and the other is thinner...anyone else agree?

etmartin :D :D :D

etmartin
08-30-2004, 08:34 AM
I see the difference now...paid more attention to the triangle. Looks good to me.

Thanks,
etmartin :D :D :D

tdutton17
08-31-2004, 09:20 PM
Both of the date stamps are marked 1986, but one says made in China the other is made in Hong Kong. Now that I looked more closely I have found some differences. The USA logo an his chest are very close to the same. The Sgt. Slaughter that was made in china (yellow stripes, big red border) has a USA logo that has the red and blue paint applied slightly thinner. The USA logo of the Hong Kong version is more thicker red ad blue paint in the U and A. Let me know if you have any more questions.

tdutton17
09-09-2004, 07:10 PM
Let me know what variation everybody has.

notpicard
09-10-2004, 04:47 AM
I have two of the one on the right. I know I have one I got with a melted head around here for parts. I need to find it though.

ninjaviper5
09-25-2004, 02:57 PM
the slaughter i have has the one with the larger red paint boarder. stamp reads hong kong 1986

AVAC
10-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Mine has the paint scheme like the one on the right (yellow stripes, red border).