Forum additions? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Forum additions?

Shockwave56
08-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Would it be possible to add the following categories :

Beginners - for beginner collectors to ask questions regarding collecting. Also with stickys using common acronyms, (MOB, MIB, MISB, AFA) etc, a area especially for people interested in starting out - without overwhelming them.

Repair - An area for people to ask questions on repair, recreating, etc. A way to find out how to do Preventative Maintenance, replacing o-rings, cleaning, etc.

I think this would help out the hobby and also help bring more as well.

Thanks,
Erik

dockingbay97
08-29-2004, 05:51 PM
Repair - An area for people to ask questions on repair, recreating, etc. A way to find out how to do Preventative Maintenance, replacing o-rings, cleaning, etc.

I don't think many questions/threads would come up in this catagory and could probably be addressed in either toys or customs.

Iron Snake
08-29-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't think many questions/threads would come up in this catagory and could probably be addressed in either toys or customs.

Or at joecustoms.com.

The Faceless Master
08-29-2004, 08:31 PM
How about VIDEO GAMES & MOVIES under OFF TOPIC??

james strickland
08-30-2004, 12:58 AM
I would also like to see a video game/movie section

Druss
08-30-2004, 07:29 AM
Theres an off topic section for that....and its not like its currently over-run with Video Game or Movie discussion.

dockingbay97
08-30-2004, 08:28 AM
Theres an off topic section for that....and its not like its currently over-run with Video Game or Movie discussion.

I agree. I don't think such a new forum would be used that much. I also think the existing Off Topic forum is sufficient.

Shockwave56
08-30-2004, 10:59 AM
I still believe that a beginners forum would be great. that can cover a LOT of what I was requesting - even the rebuilding can go in there if nothing else - especially because the beginners would have the most questions regarding.

Again, just my opinion,
Erik

Druss
08-30-2004, 11:03 AM
You don't want to segregate the beginners into their own forum, you would hav ea lot of the more experienced posters ignore it and you would split the forum traffic between that and the main forum. Or they would just ignore it all together as not enough people visited it and they would get more of a response in the main Forum.

Shockwave56
08-30-2004, 11:08 AM
I think you might be mistaken on what I meant, or maybe I'm backwards. I didn't mean a whole other forum - but just a section, i.e. Want, Buy, etc. and to be complimented with a Beginner section. If nothing else, it will allows new beginners to understand the hobby and ask questions, or at least read stickies to get caught up.

Druss
08-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Sorry I'm using board terminology.....I typically use Forum to describe each individual section and not the board in general. So I was going along the same lines you were.

I do agree some generic F.A.Q stickies need to be made that cover all of the basic questions, descriptions of Acronyms, answers to easy questions, etc so if people keep asking it the Mods lock the thread and point to the sticky, it will cut down on the duplicate and repetitive threads of that type.

nightc1
09-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I have a large need for this site.

An inclusion of some kind of Action figure and military terminology stickie thread or atleast page on the Yojoe.com main site.

Terms like

BBi
RAH

I don't want to start a bunch of topics asking these q's ... and I know others will follow in time that get into/back into GI joe and will see these same terms and others pop up and wonder what they are.

In all of YoJoe.com (including the forums) the most terminology there is is hidden deep in the main site on a faq for the mailing list :(

What I'd like is something like what Pistol Pete made on this site:
http://www.geocities.com/peterchasbenson/glossary.html

I think this is something that would benefit YoJoe.com outside of the forums on the main site and on the forums.

PLEASE consider adding something like this.

Jeff Bohn
09-08-2004, 01:16 PM
If someone wants, feel free to start a "glossary" thread under toys. If it's used, we'll sticky it.

Druss
09-08-2004, 01:22 PM
A Generic FAQ covering all the basic Q's should be created, probably a colaborative effort and then re-posted and stickied by a Mod.

All the Acronym's could be covered as well as basic figure fixing tips, etc. Basically all the stuff that people are always asking.