A GI Joe movie [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A GI Joe movie

Warpath
08-31-2004, 07:39 AM
What would you think of a GI Joe real movie with real actors and not just cartoons. A transformers movie like that is about to come very soon. I think its easier to make a GI Joe one.

Godzilla
09-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Why? I really do not want hollywood raping my childhood by doing this. I mean they already screwed up umm a bunch of movies... let's see: He-man, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, Double Dragon, Street Fighter, Punisher, Spawn... comics, cartoon, video games to real life movies? I mean you have to get a really good director and great script. That just wont happen. Yes X-men and Spiderman did really well but we are having the green latern, Fantastic four, Elektra coming soon to a theater near you.

Road Dogg
09-02-2004, 03:08 PM
Why? I really do not want hollywood raping my childhood by doing this. I mean they already screwed up umm a bunch of movies... let's see: He-man, Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat, Double Dragon, Street Fighter, Punisher, Spawn... comics, cartoon, video games to real life movies? I mean you have to get a really good director and great script. That just wont happen. Yes X-men and Spiderman did really well but we are having the green latern, Fantastic four, Elektra coming soon to a theater near you.

Thank you thank you thank you!!! At least someone has the same mindset on this idea. I think it's a horrible idea. I thought it would have been a cool idea 15 years ago, but I think it's a bad idea, especially since everyone wants it to be a huge blockbuster.

I think if they did a sequel to the cartoon, in the same frame of mind, I think that would work. The Return Of Cobra La, sounds good to me.Honest. It doesn't always have to be pure military folks. Make it science fiction. They shoot lasers for goodness sake!

review-this
09-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Godzilla The Punisher ROCKED!
well the new one anyway.

but i am with you, no JOE movie for awhile.

Dreamweaver
09-02-2004, 04:02 PM

There was once a time when I would of agreed 100% with you my friend but then one day I saw a little film I like to call Dare Devil... and because of that now I belive with all my heart that if you cast it right, if you get the best advisors, if you get a well written script and most important of all if you get a
director who knows and respects G.I Joe...you can make one heck of a movie,
and yes I agree hollywood has violated and sloughterd great comics and video games by making those movies you mention( except Tomb Raider because lets face it no one who went to see that movie expected a Art Nouveau film, the point was to see Angelina Jolie jumpping up and down for an hour and a half in nothing more then skin tight hot pants and a wet white cotton T-shirt, so voila!) but you have to take the good with the bad and prey that G.I Joe will be one of the good ones.

Duke Misterioso
09-02-2004, 04:37 PM
Gijoe the movie with Real actors ...must be cool!!

rodney
09-03-2004, 07:37 AM
I presume you meant the Dolph Lungren Punisher? If not how can you not like the Tom Jane / Travolta Punisher? But back to the point I would have to agree with dreamweaver, there was once a point when i didnt want it to happen, but if it is done right and we get a good script for starters! (written by Mr Hama of course) Id love to see it.

fryinpan1
09-03-2004, 10:36 AM
I would love to see a G.I. Joe live action movie. The story, casting, and director would be critical to the success of the film. There are many possible stories and the potential for a franchise with multiple sequels. With numerous characters and back stories, I think they should start with the team already intact and just follow a few new recruits and show some flash back history (similar to X-Men).

crimson tide
09-03-2004, 10:52 AM
I totally go for that!! I had always dreamed of a real life joe movie being made!!:D

SnakePlissken
09-03-2004, 11:02 AM
I don't see how it could work. In my opinion, the only one to truly mesh the comic and real worlds was Tim Burton in the original Batman. To me, it just doesn't work. It looks and feels corny and fake (again my opinion here) when the comic world is portrayed as real life.

Besides, since GI Joe has already been on television and the characters are quite unique and established, I think it would be weird to see Hollywood actors playing the characters we know pretty well. Most of us can identify the characters voices with our eyes shut. I just don't think I could get passed it.

Warpath
09-04-2004, 01:27 PM
Because some guys failed doesn't mean that a GI Joe movie like that that will be a failure. It would be nice to try it.

Crimson Guard Commander
09-04-2004, 03:30 PM
I would love to see a live action G.I. Joe movie and there has been talk of one in Wizard magazine a few months back and on the net but who really knows.

rea1180
09-04-2004, 06:57 PM
I was scared like crazy when I heard rumors of G.I.Joe live action movie a few months back. I mean who wants hollywood to masscre our childhood dreams. I have nothing agaisnt the the animated movie but I certainly don't want to see a live action Cobra-la. Of course if the movie was done right it be great. I myself have drafted a script for a live action G.I.Joe. My friends who know about joe think it's quite good. But then with already having a few different universes and so many fans it whould be a tuff task to please everybody.

Warpath
09-05-2004, 09:48 AM
Could you send me the script somehow rea?

Deogg
09-06-2004, 12:47 AM
It could be the best cartoon/video game/comic book turned movie ever made.....IF they got the right people to do it.

Dreadnok4life
09-30-2004, 02:19 AM
I don't see how it could work. In my opinion, the only one to truly mesh the comic and real worlds was Tim Burton in the original Batman. To me, it just doesn't work. It looks and feels corny and fake (again my opinion here) when the comic world is portrayed as real life.

I have to disagree with you. I thought the two Spiderman movies are brilliant. The first Superman was awesome, although it looks a bit dated now. I thought Daredevil was very good. The Hulk wasn't even that bad except for maybe the digital effects. I even enjoyed the newest Punisher movie. And the Xmen and Blade series have been fun too.

I haven't seen Catwoman (Waiting for it to come out at the video store) and I thought the last Batman was pretty rank. Otherwise I don't think Hollywood has done that poorly.

However I do think it would be difficult for Hollywood to recapture the Joe magic. It would have to be geared towards the kiddies like The Thunderbirds movie. And it would probably be dumbed down for the kiddies. So I don't see it being that great for us older fans. In my fantasy world someone like John Woo would direct and it would be geared for mature teenagers and adults. Yeah like that's going to happen :rolleyes:

Hey I just thought of another good movie series, RESIDENT EVIL. I loved those two movies.. Milla is my girl. Yes I know it's not a comic book, or is it? But video games are close enough.

Reptilian Popinjay
10-08-2004, 02:24 AM
It could be done, and done very well. It could also be done very badly. But I would say yes before no. GIJOE the MOVIE is enjoyable and entertaining despite its camp factor.