Who's Skeletron?!??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who's Skeletron?!???

Obiwanjacoby
08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
I saw an auction posted for this guy. What's his story? Thanks!

-PJ

notpicard
08-31-2004, 05:50 PM
That is actually something of a mystery. I don't believe he ever appeared in any comic book. When this was brought up on the AF forum, someone said that they recall a back story in an insert that came with theirs (that has not been verified).

I think they said that he was a former general within the shadows who was shot down and rebuilt as a robot.

But then others feel that Skeletron was intended to be an army builder.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
09-01-2004, 04:01 AM
All Palitoy/Hasbro mail ins were generic units.

Commander brown hat
Commander red hat
Skeletron
Grunt

Cannot recall exact story, but it was similar to Kraken.

BelgianGabber
09-01-2004, 05:41 AM
Yeah he was available as a mail-in only. That I know for sure but that's about it...

The Baron
05-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Skeletron was the mail-away only figure. You had to collect 5 medallions from the figure cardbacks. There's a pic here: http://www.actionforce.org/redshadows/skeletron.html

Obiwanjacoby
05-05-2005, 08:29 PM
I think they said that he was a former general within the shadows who was shot down and rebuilt as a robot.

That would make great storyline fodder for something like an "Overkill vs. Gen Grevious- I mean Skeletron" kinda thing. :D

I mean c'mon! He could be the ultimate BAT commander! Update him a bit w/a tweak here & there. . .and it's a Gen. Greivous that can aim & fire up to four M-60s. :p

-PJ

NightViperOne
05-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Anything would be a better BAT commander than the new Overkill figure BLECH!! :confused:

-Jim

bluebikerboy1
05-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Anything would be a better BAT commander than the new Overkill figure BLECH!! :confused:

-Jim

i saw it in walmart today. totaly disgusting.

bluebikerboy1
05-06-2005, 10:11 PM
I saw an auction posted for this guy. What's his story? Thanks!

-PJ
when i saw the title i was going to say hemans arch nemises. guess i was off

CGC
05-06-2005, 10:24 PM
I'm a little surprised that the Action Force/Red Shadows aren't more popular here. I've got most of the Red Shadows (Action Force bad guys), including the limited articulation, early versions. Any other collecters of these here? I was hooked when I saw the Roboskull. It looks like a MOTU toy, at least by design, but I just couldn't resist a giant, flying skull... ;)

Obiwanjacoby
05-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I'm a little surprised that the Action Force/Red Shadows aren't more popular here.

I think it's more of an aquired taste. At first glance, I thought they were dumb. Now I'm convinced they're just as cool as Joes. Someday, I want to own both AF HQs.

I've got most of the Red Shadows (Action Force bad guys), including the limited articulation, early versions.

Pics please!!! ;)

-PJ

JeffreyKabal
05-07-2005, 05:05 PM
Never liked'm. I hate action figures who can't kick decently hehe

CGC
05-07-2005, 10:14 PM
(snip)

Pics please!!! ;)

-PJ

I can put up pics if you'd like to see them, but no promises on the picture quality ;) .

Otherwise, for good pics, this is where I find my answers about these lines:
http://www.actionforce.org/home.html

(I'll try to get a couple pics up sometime next week)