Larry Hama Interview [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Larry Hama Interview

Phil Kost
09-01-2004, 08:01 AM
There is an Exclusive Larry Hama interview over at Joe Reloaded.com

Link is http://joereloaded.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671

Snow
09-01-2004, 10:45 AM
Nice Job Phil. I am really enjoying the content of your site.
Michael

the joe bandit
09-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks for sharing. I cant wait to see what he is working on for Hasbro that he cant discuss!

nightc1
09-03-2004, 04:32 PM
Hmm... suddenly after reading that... I think maybe I'll look into the Nam comic. Not full force or anything... just like N'th Man... to get some more Larry Hama goodness in my comic reading (since all I read right now is GI Joe).

Great interview. Sort of ended abruptly.. but overall some good stuff. Too bad he wasn't willing to talk about (well I'm sure he couldn't) anything he's currently doing.

Phil Kost
09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Now one thing to remember about The Nam is that Larry was the editor, not the writer for the series.

But, if you do pick up the series (which I HIGHLY recommend) see you notice any character similarities between some of the Nam characters and GI Joe.

I still think I was right about that. :)

Phil

Dreadnok4life
09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
I still think I was right about that.

I think you were right too. I collected the entire line and I remember thinking the same thing. If I remember correctly, didn't Frank Castle make an appearance in the book?

Great exclusive interview for GI Joe Reloaded. Although Larry's answers are pretty brief.

nightc1
09-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Now one thing to remember about The Nam is that Larry was the editor, not the writer for the series.

But, if you do pick up the series (which I HIGHLY recommend) see you notice any character similarities between some of the Nam characters and GI Joe.

I still think I was right about that. :)

Phil

Even being the Editor... just having Larry tied to the comic has my eyes on it. Similarly I'm going to pick up some Nth man since that's a pretty short series. I'm not banking on loving Nam or Nth man... but it should be interesting. I've heard nothing but great things about The Nam.

Phil Kost
09-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Even being the Editor... just having Larry tied to the comic has my eyes on it. Similarly I'm going to pick up some Nth man since that's a pretty short series. I'm not banking on loving Nam or Nth man... but it should be interesting. I've heard nothing but great things about The Nam.

If you like realistic military comics, then you will love The Nam. Now, remember it was still published within the comic code, so it isn't as "true to life" as it could have been, but it was an excellent way to open the door to my generation (I am 30), to the Vietnam Conflict.

You got know characters, start to really like them and then suddenly they would either rotate home or get killed off. The cast of characters in the first issue was not the same cast in the last issue.

nightc1
09-08-2004, 10:55 AM
If you like realistic military comics, then you will love The Nam. Now, remember it was still published within the comic code, so it isn't as "true to life" as it could have been, but it was an excellent way to open the door to my generation (I am 30), to the Vietnam Conflict.

You got know characters, start to really like them and then suddenly they would either rotate home or get killed off. The cast of characters in the first issue was not the same cast in the last issue.
Not to take this terribly off subject... but figured I'd chime back in. I'm 30 too.

Phil Kost
09-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Something you might want to look into for The Nam is that they produced some TPBs. You can get the first 12 issues of the series in TPB form. I would suggest looking around eBay or maybe even Mile High Comics. Since they are not "Hot" sellers, you should get them for a good deal.

This way you can check out the first several issues without having to track down individual issues.

Also, to see a cover gallery of The Nam, check out my Nam section at Joe Reloaded.com.

http://www.joereloaded.com/thenam.htm

I am sorry that some of the pages load so slowly. I have not had time to reduce the size of the images so just to give you heads up now.

Enjoy.

Phil