VH1 is interested in G.I. Joe for possible show segment [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : VH1 is interested in G.I. Joe for possible show segment

jedijimjoe
09-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

(I'll start by saying that I'm not sure this is the right place to post this...but here goes!) My name is Jim, and I'm not only a G.I. Joe kid, I'm also an Associate Producer for VH1's Totally Obsessed. This new show takes a fun look at Americans' obsession with everything related to pop culture, the truly bizarre, and the just plain obsurd.

The greatest part of my job is being paid to talk to people who share my interests and passions. I'm wondering if there's any of you who would like to discuss your interest in G.I. Joe with me as a possible story for the show? I'd be happy to tell you more about our submission process, which includes putting together a 5-10 minute videotape. And the shipping is free!

You certainly do not need to be a nutcase to take part in our show. Don't get me wrong, if you're planning on naming your first male child Duke or Grunt, I'd love to hear from you as well. ;)

Thanks for your time, and feel free to send me an email at: [email protected] for more information.

FireFox91
09-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Jeez. Someone was just talking about this. Well gang, here is your chance to show the world how much of a freak you are. :D Not for me though. I have no interest in getting on TV and there are far to many other people that blow my knowledge, collection and obsession of GIJoe out of the water.

themoney75
09-01-2004, 11:28 PM
that would be cool, i hope someone from here gets on.by the way i love the show the dude with the pac man stuf is nuts.

We Turn Away
09-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Jeez. Someone was just talking about this. Well gang, here is your chance to show the world how much of a freak you are. :D Not for me though. I have no interest in getting on TV and there are far to many other people that blow my knowledge, collection and obsession of GIJoe out of the water.

Yeah, some people love attention. this guy should go fishing somewhere else.

abeDAN
09-02-2004, 03:00 AM
my girlfriend told me last week that she was gonna sign me up for this show. but i dont think im obsessed, so i wont do it. anyway, i cant wait till i tell her about this thread. sorry i wont volunteer for this job, but i would love to see a joe collector on this show. good luck!!!

jedijimjoe
09-02-2004, 02:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank those of you who have sent me emails regarding this project. And, a big thanks to everyone for having such a positive attitude towards me and the show. I will be replying to all of your emails today.

My door is always open for suggestions and comments! :D

All the best,

Jim - [email protected]

Graz73
09-08-2004, 11:05 AM
Have you posted this in the joecustoms.com forum? It might be good for your show to talk about people who customize their joes...

thorn
09-10-2004, 02:40 PM
this is awesome!
be sure to let us know when its gonna be on!!!!!

and guys, give it up-
we're all a bit obssesed.

yo-man2
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
i nominate gemini matrix.......on behalf of all joe fans

Dead-Eye
09-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Just sent my own email in. Would like to see this show.

CRAP
09-11-2004, 03:12 PM
cool, my buddy Nick was the kid with all the E.T. stuff that was on awhile back. Id totally be down if I wasnt afraid of showing my ugly mug across the country.

CRAP
09-11-2004, 03:15 PM
actually, if you ever want to do something about some horror movie freak, thatd be me. I have 1,000s of movies from across the globe, theatrical posters, props, anything you can imagine. I have 2 rooms jam packed with stuff and half of my basement with stuff in boxes that cant even be displayed anywhere.

Obiwanjacoby
09-19-2004, 12:12 AM
Wonder if anyone got accepted yet???

-PJ

Tattoo Shane
09-19-2004, 12:35 AM
Does this count as being a nut?

http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images_gijoe/MineFinFront.jpg
http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images_gijoe/MineFinDestro.jpg
http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images_gijoe/MineFinCC.jpg
http://www.tattoosandtoys.com/images_gijoe/MineFinBaroness.jpg

Too bad i'm not American. ;)

Rapid Fire
09-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Wonder if anyone got accepted yet???

-PJ
ditto! i wanna know when and if the show would be on! it would be cool, especially if YoJoe! was mentioned!

detroscastle
09-21-2004, 12:57 AM
You know I would have done this .I contacted the guy,and he gave me a deadline that was less than aweek away.I would have never had time to get my collection ready.Did anyone else actually apply?