Gijoe and Cobras Couples in love [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Gijoe and Cobras Couples in love

Duke Misterioso
09-02-2004, 04:51 PM
heyy. What couples in love you prefer on Gijoe and Cobras?
you Know... Like Baroness and Destro
submit 5 at least

Mike JT
09-02-2004, 05:00 PM
wait... do you mean ones we'd like to see?

Your wording or lack there of is confusing.

There's only 5 or so established couples/flirty in the cartoon universe.

Baroness/Destro are clearly shown to be more than just compatriots in the cartoon.

Flint/Lady Jaye same thing.

Falcon/Jinx we're starting something in the movie.

Duke/Scarlet flirt throughout the series.

Some will say Zaranna/Mainframe

Covergirl and Duke flirt in the Christmas episode.

And in the DIC cartoons wasn't Destro paired with Zarana at the begining before going back to Baroness.

Oh Shipwreck and Mara but the bulk of their relationship happens in a hallucination.

Duke Misterioso
09-02-2004, 05:06 PM
yeah i mean what couples in love you like to see
or in case like you say Zarana with Mainframe (mm isnt was Lifeline?)
or with Roadpig like in the comics, or Duke/Scarlett or with snake eyes..

Graz73
09-16-2004, 10:15 AM
The new comics also have:

Jinx & Budo

Alexander Destro & Lady Armada

Cover Girl, Daina, and Firewall are not usually paired up with anyone...

Godzilla
09-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Lifeline was with some other chick who was rich or her father was since he own weapons manufacturing as well. Her name started with a B...

Static
10-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Lifeline called her Bree for short.

RedSkullCobra
12-27-2010, 09:31 PM
The problem with the G.I.Joe women were that there were so few. In the Sunbow era: all but Covergirl dated an officer. For all the other male Joes, they could only get civilians.
That's what happened to Shipwreck (who got Mara), Quick-Kick (Amber), Lifeline (Britney van Mark) and Iceberg (Mahia).
There is always going to be a forbidden relationship in warfare. Usually it means a Good guy/Bad girl thing. That is where Mainframe and Zarana took center stage (my favorite couple). I guarantee Cobra's wrath would've been worse than the Joes'. If the two were married, I'm sure Zanya would've taken advantage of this.

Destro/Baroness was a classic. Pythona was obviously destined for Serpentor (Cobra Commander could always make a woman out of the wives of Serpy's DNA components). Even with the later comic females, there is never enough love in both armies.

Duke Misterioso
12-28-2010, 10:55 AM
In the series also appears Jinx & Falcon

RedSkullCobra
12-28-2010, 02:57 PM
Duke, Flint and Falcon were commanding Joes who had were fortunate to have women to work alongside them as well as date.

deadfish
12-28-2010, 05:37 PM
like gung ho said" find a date on your own time. this aint no tunnel of love."

RedSkullCobra
03-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I did like that line from "Revenge of Cobra". But I think Gung-Ho wasn't interested in dating military women. That, or he never could find a woman willing to have the Marine logo tattooed on her chest like he did.

I wonder what the dating scene is like on Cobra Island between the male and female soldiers. Maybe there are "Date-Vipers" made for the lonely troops of both genders.

RedSkullCobra
02-14-2012, 02:25 PM
With Valentine's Day upon us, I wonder which love songs that would fit with our couples? After the animated movie in 1987, I was thinking about that (I was in High School that year).
For the collective Cobra ones, I had put "Casanova" by Levert. For the Joe ones, it was Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give you up" (Laugh at that if you want).

Golddragon71
02-18-2012, 10:49 PM
There did seem to be some recurring Flirtatious bickering between Cover Girl and Shipwreck (Devil's Due played this up in America's Elite)
plus Shipwreck had that early relationship with Satin.

Pathfinder_fan
02-19-2012, 12:41 AM
In the fan fiction community, many people like to write Beachhead and Cover Girl, and I gotta wonder how that got started. Plus, wouldn't she worry about the smell?

Golddragon71
02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
hmm a Grease Monkey Tank chick and a Hygiene deficient Ranger?....I'm guessing their smells would cancel each other out!

Pathfinder_fan
02-28-2012, 12:59 AM
She may be a grease monkey, but I'm sure she wears deoderant.

Besides, I think it's been scientifically proven that men have a more pungent BO than women. Anyhoo......

Favourite couples:

Flint & Lady Jaye
Pathfinder & Lady Jaye(I liked how they worked together in "Stuck On You")
Duke & Scarlett
Cover Girl & Shipwreck
Zarana & Mainframe
Ambush & Evy(at least I have them reconcile their differences in a story I wrote)
Destro & The Baroness

Falcone
02-29-2012, 11:33 AM
For Shipwreck, I think his portrayals of being flirtatious with all the Joe ladies is more of a playful nature and not really serious. As well as the Joe ladies rebuffs to his advances. I think he is just close friends with all of them. Mara is the one he is meant to be with.

Janus
03-06-2012, 03:35 PM
There is never a Duke and Scarlett, that crap only happened in the cartoons because you had lazy writers and artists who had no clue in how to animate a love story with a mute even though Hama was able to do it in a few panels here and there.

So in effect repeat after me. Scarlett does not love Duke, she loves Snake Eyes.

Janus
03-06-2012, 03:37 PM
For Shipwreck, I think his portrayals of being flirtatious with all the Joe ladies is more of a playful nature and not really serious. As well as the Joe ladies rebuffs to his advances. I think he is just close friends with all of them. Mara is the one he is meant to be with.

I always liked the idea of Ship and Cover Girl. Mostly from the cartoons where he actually gets her to agree on a date.

Golddragon71
03-06-2012, 10:09 PM
I always liked the idea of Ship and Cover Girl. Mostly from the cartoons where he actually gets her to agree on a date.

For me, it's Lights Camera Cobra! Ship and Cover Girl bicker like an old married couple in that

RedSkullCobra
07-15-2012, 09:49 PM
I would've liked to see Alexander Destro & Mistress Armada in the animation of the Sunbow era. Destro and Baroness looked romantically great in the Animated movie in that missile launch scene. Maybe Col. Brekhov and Daina of the Oktober Guard would've worked as a couple as well.

turner
07-15-2012, 11:17 PM
There is never a Duke and Scarlett, that crap only happened in the cartoons because you had lazy writers and artists who had no clue in how to animate a love story with a mute even though Hama was able to do it in a few panels here and there.

So in effect repeat after me. Scarlett does not love Duke, she loves Snake Eyes.

I'm with you brother, 100%.

hotdog
07-17-2012, 11:53 AM

i never had any problem with the cartoon, it was what got me into joe. i always looked as the comic as second fiddle and kind of "cheesie". so i always thought it was duke and scarlet, and shipwreck was kind of a lecher. i thought it was cool when scartlet smacked the crap out of him and said something rude "like how bout we don't" when shipwreck was trying a rather adult line on her.

turner
07-17-2012, 12:05 PM
I dig the cartoon too, but as a kid it wasn't very present. Of course, it wasn't there in 1982 and only the two mini series for a couple years, and then I didn't have a stable source (that I knew of) for me to watch it. I remember the few times I got to see it, really liked it, would have loved to watch it, just didn't have (or know of) the channel.

As for the comic, I remember being at my cousin's house in 1982, and him sharing the treasury edition of issue 1.

formbx257
07-18-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm not familiar with the modern comics, so I have to ask:
were Bombstrike, Vypra, Dial-Tone (female version) or Helix ever romantically linked with anyone?
And let's not forget G.I. Jane and Joe "G.I. Joe" Colton!

turner
07-18-2012, 09:20 AM
I've steered clear of all the IDW re-imaginings, but I've read all the ddp and of course, the ongoing hama continuation. Bombstrike made an appearance in the ddp but I don't remember any relationships (I think it was only like one panel anyway).

Golddragon71
10-11-2012, 10:33 PM

I'm with you brother, 100%.

And apparently Sunbow knew we would all feel this way and decided to really pour salt on our wounds with this scene
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz286/Lantern2814_20850/IMG_0662.png
Duke gets Scarlett AND Selena....

Snake Eyes? he just get licked by Timber...

Cold Man! Cold

Janus
10-12-2012, 08:18 AM
And apparently Sunbow knew we would all feel this way and decided to really pour salt on our wounds with this scene
http://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz286/Lantern2814_20850/IMG_0662.png
Duke gets Scarlett AND Selena....

Snake Eyes? he just get licked by Timber...

Cold Man! Cold

Evil Sunbow! I liked the cartoons except for that one aspect of them. Sort of why I am getting a bit tired of the IDW GI Joe run. Scarlett and Mainframe?!?!? Look I am a big computer geek, comic geek, sci fi, rpg miniature wargame loving geek too, but even I know I cannot hold a candle to supreme ninja commando wolf owning bad assery that is Snake Eyes. I think IDW is just trying to validate themselves a bit.

deadfish
10-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Evil Sunbow! I liked the cartoons except for that one aspect of them. Sort of why I am getting a bit tired of the IDW GI Joe run. Scarlett and Mainframe?!?!? Look I am a big computer geek, comic geek, sci fi, rpg miniature wargame loving geek too, but even I know I cannot hold a candle to supreme ninja commando wolf owning bad assery that is Snake Eyes. I think IDW is just trying to validate themselves a bit.

holy crap!!! Janus Sighting!!!!

Janus
10-12-2012, 09:10 PM
holy crap!!! Janus Sighting!!!!

Like Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster I have to step into the light to keep the legend alive.

deadfish
10-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Like Big Foot and the Loch Ness monster I have to step into the light to keep the legend alive.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb472/deadfish3/Missing-Person-Poster-215x300.jpg

i guess i can take these down...:cool:

Janus
10-12-2012, 09:36 PM
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb472/deadfish3/Missing-Person-Poster-215x300.jpg

i guess i can take these down...:cool:

Lol, yeah. Prolly should. That is a much clearer photo than I usually allow. Guess it is back into the bear suit for me.

RedSkullCobra
12-31-2012, 02:35 PM
In the case of Mainframe/Zarana: their marriage would've been seen as an act of betrayal by both armies' commanders. Hawk would have court-martialed Mainframe (or put him in the Slaughterhouse for a year) while Zarana would simply be jailed.
The Cobra brass would not be so kind. Cobra Commander would've put her in sex slavery or some kind of job no Cobra would volunteer for ( the Toxo-Vipers aka "Leaky suit brigade" would be the 1st consideration). Serpentor would want them both dead (this he'd command). The Drednoks would not interfere in this matter.

archaicnorth
01-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Yeah, Snake Eyes storms off in the Renegades series after Duke and Scarlett get too close to eachother in the back of the truck, and there is a cat fight between Jinx and Scarlett over Snake Eyes in episode 3-4 I believe. Jealousy issues indeed. Shipwreck also scored Satin in Pyramid of Darkness which also includes 2 scenes of Baroness and Destro playing tonsil hockey. CC gets royally ****ed off at them which is a hilarious scene.

What episode or comic does Mainframe and Zarana have a fling? Dont think I have seen that one yet, or dont remember it at least.

Wonder if the new movie will have any relationship aspects involved. Time will tell :)

RedSkullCobra
01-04-2013, 09:04 AM
M and Z first met in "Computer Complications" while she was disguised. After saving him, she revealed herself to him. They met again in "Grey hairs and growing pains" when he was de-aged. They didn't meet in the movie.

RedSkullCobra
02-10-2013, 07:37 PM
As we approach another Valentine's Day, one thing struck me odd:
I see youtube videos of cartoon, anime and comic couples. They show much fan art in the videos. I even seen some with Transformers characters. But for some reason, I can't find any video showing G.I.Joe couples. How come no one has done this? It would be nice to eventually see one.

Currahee_Chris
02-14-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm thinking it's time for Leatherneck and Wet Suit to REALLY come forward and settle their differences. We all know there was something more there than mere inter-service (sort of) rivalry :)

Falcone
02-16-2013, 09:18 PM
The Drednoks would not interfere in this matter.

I think they would get involved. Zarana is Zartan's sister. You know his loyalty would be to her and not to Cobra.

RedSkullCobra
02-18-2013, 02:25 PM
True. Zartan and Zandar would try to protect Zarana. Road Pig would,too. But I think Zanya is the opposite. She'd make sure her aunt suffers.
A division among the Drednoks would be worse than them being targeted by Cobra or Destro's army. That's why I think if Cobra were to punish Zarana for her relationship, the Drednoks wouldn't intervene. She's better off being captured by the Joes.

RedSkullCobra
05-02-2017, 06:53 PM
A situation from the real world: A married female FBI translator had married a German rapper-turned ISIS fighter.
Now, I wish to have seen Mainframe and Zarana's relationship had gone public on the series.

The Right Of Might
05-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Alpine and Bazooka....

ShipwreckSD
05-15-2017, 12:10 AM
Alpine and Bazooka....

I always thought of them as a bromance. I always thought of most of the Joe's were comrades; now with Cobra...

RedSkullCobra
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
I'm disappointed there wasn't a romance between Col. Brekov and Daina within the Oktober Guard.
How else would the Russians keep themselves warm when not fighting Snow Serpents and Ice-Vipers?

Golddragon71
06-20-2021, 12:47 AM
I'm disappointed there wasn't a romance between Col. Brekov and Daina within the Oktober Guard.
How else would the Russians keep themselves warm when not fighting Snow Serpents and Ice-Vipers?

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51258477946_16738d08ca_b.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2m6x6F9)Untitled (https://flic.kr/p/2m6x6F9) by Michael Kramer (https://www.flickr.com/photos/156680615@N04/), on Flickr