Battle Force New England Contest #1 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Battle Force New England Contest #1

troynos
11-05-2013, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, trying to spread the word about the Battle Force New England group and our first contest. BFNE is the New England G.I. Joe Collector's Group, we want to be for NE what the Coil Club is for the Midwest). You don't need to be from New England to be a member.

BFNE Contest #1: Action Joes (okay, dumb name, I know)

The contest is open to all members of BFNE (either members of the Facebook group or the coming-soon blog, which will hopefully be up the end of this week, in the meantime e-mail battleforcene@gmail.com if not already a member).

Get out the cameras, your favorite vehicles and diorama accessories, because it's time to take some pictures. Not all of us can write, not all of us can make customs, not all of us can draw, but we can all take pictures. But not all of us have high end cameras, you say, well we have a solution for that too.

There will be two categories. Each member can only enter one of the categories and must tell me which one when you e-mail your submission to battleforcene@gmail.com.

Category 1: Picture Quality

Submissions will consist of one picture. This category will be judged on the quality of the photograph itself, as well as the contents. Good use of lighting? Does the pose look awkward or natural (as natural as a toy can look)? Good use of the surroundings?

Category 2: Dio Story

Submissions will consist of a series of 3-5 pictures that tell a story. This category will be judged on how well the pictures (and the actions depicted) convey the story. Is there good posing of the figures? Does the sequence make sense? Good use of the environment? Is the overall story interesting?

Now the rules:
1- Contest is open to O-Ring or ME figures
2- Pictures must be taking outside utilizing the natural environment and whatever accessories/playsets want
3- Must contain at least 1 vehicle
4- Must have Joes and Cobras.
5- Must contain at least 1 Joe from New England (birthplaces can be found here: List of G.I. Joe character birthplaces - G.I. Joe Wiki - Joepedia - GI Joe, Cobra, toys (http://gijoe.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_G.I._Joe_character_birthplaces))
6- Can include custom figures but must be 75% production figures (Example: 8 figures used, 6 must be production). Custom figure can be the New England Joe but that figure must be submitted to the judging committee for ruling on if the custom is easily identifable as an NE Joe (for example, you can call a custom your version of Sub-Zero, but unless others can tell it's meant to be Sub-Zero, it won't count). Customs do not need to be made by you.
7- Must be a BFNE member (see above)

Contest deadline is December 15, 2013. Can submit an entry anytime between now and December 9, 2013. End date is subject to change and weather. There's a lot of arctic NE Joes so would like there to be snow on the ground for those interested in that.

Prizes: To Be Determined. Each category will have a winner and a runner-up.

Judges: Troy and TBD (looking for volunteers)

Feel free to ask any questions. If interested in donating prizes, please let me know.

troynos
12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Due to a typo in the original announcement and the weather, the BFNE contest has been extended to December 22nd.

Winners will be announced after Christmas.