Gijoe card game [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Gijoe card game

GILTYONE
09-05-2004, 02:25 AM
I just got the joe card game started set all I can say is I like it, it looks like a great game. Cobras have troop recuits with the regular troops. Joe has green shirts (I wish they had these in the joe line).I'm goin to play soon (with my girlfriend no collectors this way). I watch the game at the con and loved it. I can't wait to get the packs I want 2 sets.

Dreadnok4life
09-05-2004, 02:51 AM
(with my girlfriend no collectors this way).

Now that's a girlfriend! Kudos for finding an understanding woman. Let her be an example to all the collectors out there who have nags that rag on them everytime they buy something with GI Joe stamped on it.

nightc1
09-07-2004, 09:25 AM
I bought my Starter Set, 4 booster packs, and the Uncommons set knowing that there'd be little chance anyone would play the game with me locally. Maybe I'll get my wife to play. But probably in a few years my oldest son will be interested in card games and will provide some good entertainment... so rather than wait to buy.. I figured I'd get now while it's easy and pretty inexpensive to get into.

I have to say the game seems pretty straight forward and somewhat easy at first... however the extra stuff many cards can do leads to some good strategy. Overall, I think it's a very good game. And for my first (and probably only) true Collectible Card Game type thing I've ever been interested in... I think there's some serious strategic fun to be had here.

I just got my stuff in the mail this past Friday... so I haven't had much time to go through it (played just one game and inventoried what cards I got)... but soon I'll look into building my own deck... and seeing how that improves the game over just using the default decks from the starter pack.

bort
09-15-2004, 07:04 PM
What is the Uncommons set and how does one go about obtaining it?

bort

Mutt7000
09-15-2004, 08:48 PM
You can look here http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=gijoetcg/checklist
it lists what cards are common, uncommon, rare and holo's. Most people bought a box or two of the booster packs and have put together sets of just the common cards, uncommon's and so on. They usually sell for around $3 for common, $5 for uncommon, and higher for the rare and holo sets. Go to the TCG section and put a want list up, I'm sure most people will be able to help you out. Bill

mizak23
09-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Thats cool. I actually just found the game today. Got a pack with 1 rare and the rest uncommon, wierd. Love the art and the game was fun at the con. I hope my college room mate will play. He gets here tomorrow.