Japanese Skystriker pics [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Japanese Skystriker pics

dockingbay97
09-05-2004, 02:28 PM
I have been asked for Japanese Skystriker pics for awhile and I never got around to it.

Here they are.

It is opened but I have never got around to assembling it.

Someday when I have more room.

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/japanesesky1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/japanesesky2.jpg

Gemini Matrix
09-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Nice! I got mine MIB as well. I had to assemble mine. Even tho extra room is a joke.

Snake-eyes01
09-05-2004, 04:20 PM
I see that a few of the stickers are different but, is everything else including the parachutes the same as the American version?

Michael
09-06-2004, 08:52 AM
looks like they are flying over the deathstar on the box

Agent Orange
09-06-2004, 10:00 AM
looks like they are flying over the deathstar on the box

I noticed that too. I guess it's meant to appeal to that Japanese taste for crap.

Blitzwingz
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
I noticed that too. I guess it's meant to appeal to that Japanese taste for crap.I guess not everyone agrees with you, and your opinion on what's crap and what's not...

dockingbay97
09-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I guess not everyone agrees with you, and your opinion on what's crap and what's not...

Um, exactly. I love the Japanese pieces because of the artwork. A lot of collectors do.

JeffreyKabal
09-07-2004, 01:04 AM
actually I think the cards from Japan are better then the original.
I like the red and blue background!
It's also better then we had in Europe...some sort of thermic heatfield.

Blitzwingz
09-07-2004, 03:31 AM
It's also better then we had in Europe...Now you're overreacting :D

But seriously, I really like the carded Japanese stuff. To use different colors to distinguish GI Joe from Cobra is a great solution.
+ they had a carded Zartan (so cool!:) )

Rapid Fire
09-07-2004, 10:05 AM
i remember reading somewhere that in japan, they tried to connect it to transformers and that that "deathstar" looking planet is actually cybertron! did TAKARA produce gijoe in japan?

BelgianGabber
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I really like it too. A nice skystriker is one of the few things I'm really after for the moment...

Rapid Fire
09-07-2004, 10:29 AM
i have always liked the boxart that japanese toy companies use on the packaging! you have convinced me to start gettin the japanese joe stuff!

Blitzwingz
09-07-2004, 01:14 PM
i remember reading somewhere that in japan, they tried to connect it to transformers and that that "deathstar" looking planet is actually cybertron! did TAKARA produce gijoe in japan?
I never heard of that, but it makes perfect sense, 'cause Transformers were huge in Japan. Do you remeber where you read it?

Rapid Fire
09-07-2004, 07:09 PM
i went searching but couldnt find it! it was at a transformer site.

Agent Orange
09-07-2004, 08:11 PM
By the way, I wasn't trying to offend anyone with my comment. I was just noting how a lot of stuff marketed in Japan seems to get this (often hokey) sci-fi/anime gloss slapped onto it.

flywheels
09-07-2004, 09:54 PM
did TAKARA produce gijoe in japan?

Yeah, Takara was behind bringing GIJoe into Japan. I believe that their relationship w/ Hasbro & Transformers helped them get the rights to release the Joe toys in Japan...however the residents just didn't support the line much...hence the small JPN line-up.