Stop With The Foul Language!! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Stop With The Foul Language!!

dockingbay97
09-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Everyone here knows the rules. Especially people who have been here awhile.

Profanity
Profanity is not acceptable. Do not try to slip past the filters by misspelling a word or substituting an asterisk. If you think a word may be borderline, don't use it.

http://forums.yojoe.com/faq.php?faq=allboards#faq_profanity

I am sorry if you do not agree with it. We all don't agree on the same things but this is what it is. It a rule.

NO MORE of this will be allowed!

No more typing the real words in so the filter catches it with ******* It still comes off as obvious as what you are saying.

No more typing it in code so the filters don't catch it.

This rule has been ground in several times lately but people still feel the need to continue.

Because some of you continue to do this, it is becoming obvious you do not respect the board, its rules, its other members and the mods and are just trying to intentially break the rules.

Starting tomorrow morning if I have to edit your post because of language, you get an automatic 7 day vacation from this board. Any continued use of foul language can result in a permanent vacation.

You can always try appealing this to another mod if this happens to you but I think they will agree you all have been warned enough.

dockingbay97
09-07-2004, 08:02 PM
The question was asked about *****
See the above rule
where it talks about

substituting an asterisk

No **** for the real words. No one is kidding anyone here. We all know what you are trying to say otherwise you wouldn't use ****

dockingbay97
09-08-2004, 08:42 AM
Starting tomorrow morning if I have to edit your post because of language, you get an automatic 7 day vacation from this board. Any continued use of foul language can result in a permanent vacation.

This is now in effect.

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
This is now in effect.
I'm sorry to say this but YoJoe.Com feels like sunday school...

dockingbay97
09-09-2004, 02:29 PM

We have very few rules here really. It shouldn't be that hard to follow them.

I curse a lot in the real world and can manage well enough not to when I talk about toys here. It isn't difficult and believe or not there are plenty of people that appreciate this rule who are not mods.

If you are unhappy with the rules, you are welcome to find another Joe board that allows you to curse to your heart's delight.

CRAP
09-09-2004, 02:34 PM
well what about words used on television and what not? I noticed a certain 3 letter word starting with a and ending with s cant be typed. Every television program uses the word nowadays, its no longer a swear.

dockingbay97
09-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't know the ins and outs of the program that filters out the words for this type of board but I would use this rule of thumb:

If it edits the word you type with *'s, then I wouldn't type it.

KtownJoes
09-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Are you guys 12 year olds that just think cursing is the coolest thing ever or what?

Just follow the rules guys. It isnt hard to do really. Curse at your mother, friends & family if you need an outlet that badly. It doesnt make a board "cool" because it allows people to curse.

TV allows that word, but would you talk to a child like that? This is a toy site & there are younger members here. Besides that, it is just common courtesy to act civil in public.

thorn
09-09-2004, 02:49 PM
you guys come on- it really isnt that hard to choose words that are appropriate for the site- you dont need to use ****** or something stupid like that.
just word it without profanity/
its not sunday school. foul language really doesnt fly well anywhere in the real world.
this is coming from someone who uses a TON of bad words all the time.
if i can edit myself on here , so can you.
look how easy it is-
instead of "i can't stand this @#$%$#@"
"i can't stand this garbage!"
how hard is that??????

thorn
09-09-2004, 02:53 PM
If you are unhappy with the rules, you are welcome to find another Joe board that allows you to curse to your heart's delight.

i hate to agree with dock on anythig (heheh j/k)
but he is totally right go to <somewhere else> if you feel you have to be vile, they don't seem to mind.

i would also add a very good reason for no profanity on yojoe-
this site is probably most often found by people using the archive, which is very universal and puts this site in a pretty official type status.
it's like using a bad word in church or congress.
you just don't do it.
(.........)

thorn
09-09-2004, 02:54 PM
Are you guys 12 year olds that just think cursing is the coolest thing ever or what?

ahahahahahahahahh

nightc1
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
I enjoy Yojoe.com & the forums. So far this place has been pretty cool.

However, what's so hard about moderating the forums a little and instead of issuing a ban on site of any infraction for 7 full days.. you take a second to type a PM warning to the person?

I'd hate to get a 7 day ban because one time I actually slipped up and typed a few asterisks or found that some word I didn't think was a cuss word turned out to be edited by the filter and thus I got banned.

I've never been banned on any bulletin boards (I have nearly 20,000 Posts on IGN as nightc1 and have posted on other boards too)... I'm not looking to get banned here either... but I think moderators should, if they plan to be moderators, actually moderate the boards and work with people than against the community. Yes, let's keep this place clean as possible.. but can't we have fair moderation too?

YES, some people will come here and cuss up a storm and they know what they are doing and should be banned. But what about people who post day in day out never cuss.. then.. there's this one slip up? Seems kind of stupid to ban someone for that.

Deogg
09-09-2004, 03:17 PM
it's like using a bad word in church or congress.
you just don't do it.
(.........)
Well said, man!

orionlukteel
09-09-2004, 03:29 PM
General question - b/c I know it's coming -
does the filter also cover any abbreviation starting with
WT?

Totally in agreement with dock and the rest of the gang.

Every other word out of my mouth outside the office and home
is a four-letter one. I work construction sites all the time,
and they're worse than sailors. (Sorry, Shipwreck...)

But in addition to the fact that they're almost always
flame-inducing, and usually intentionally so, you also
have kids on here checking out the place.

I have no illusions that twelve-year olds don't swear.
But my ten-year old doesn't. And he doesn't need to see it
here when he's trying to check out the latest on the CCG
or on the new VvV movie.

All members of this board have enough intelligence to
express themselves without fouling the board up. USE it.
I do. I'll insult you six ways to Sunday without using a single
four letter (or three letter) word. :D But if I do, that's
essentially fanning the flames. So I don't.
Common respect for folks with a common interest. That's all it is.

acmirro
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
However, what's so hard about moderating the forums a little and instead of issuing a ban on site of any infraction for 7 full days.. you take a second to type a PM warning to the person?

The more time we use to moderate, the less time we have to update the site.

If you type in a word and a curse word is part of it, sometimes the filters will catch that. You wont be banned for something like this. It is not automatic. All this really takes is a little thought before you post. Sometimes words may slip out of your mouth and you can not take them back.

This is the net, reread your post before you click SUBMIT REPLY and you wont have any problems.

dockingbay97
09-09-2004, 03:51 PM
And yes, seven full days is a tad harsh but:

We have posted board wide warnings, pm'ed warnings, edited many posts and people continue to ignore the rule.

So obviously we are being ignored and some users feel they are above the rules. The seven days is there to show we have had enough, will now enforce the rule with more consequences attached to it and also to discourage breaking the rule.

It has been in effect for a day and half and I have not had to edit a single post in that time period which is a nice change.

And as acmirro stated, it isn't hard to look over what you typed before hitting submit or looking at it afterwards to see if there are any *'s and editing them out.

It is not hard to comply with this rule and we truly appreciate you working with us on this.

crimson tide
09-09-2004, 04:43 PM

We have posted board wide warnings, pm'ed warnings, edited many posts and people continue to ignore the rule.

So obviously we are being ignored and some users feel they are above the rules. The seven days is there to show we have had enough, will now enforce the rule with more consequences attached to it and also to discourage breaking the rule.

It has been in effect for a day and half and I have not had to edit a single post in that time period which is a nice change.

And as acmirro stated, it isn't hard to look over what you typed before hitting submit or looking at it afterwards to see if there are any *'s and editing them out.

It is not hard to comply with this rule and we truly appreciate you working with us on this.
I personally think that the rule is fine. I don't see why people need to cuss here anyway. I myself at home have the mouth of a sailor, but I too contain it. And really it isn't that hard to look over a post before submitting it.

GBPackRat
09-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Wow you haven't had to edit a single post today...

I think the 7 day ban on first time offenses to be a bit harsh, but wow, I am impressed with the power this new rule shows...

If this really cuts down on your time editting, I may not completely agree with it, but I'm all for it since editting posts as a mod seems like a time waster for you guys.

Tanner

viperguy
09-09-2004, 05:08 PM
I agree No Swearing

thorn
09-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Last edited by Jeff Bohn : Today at 01:09 PM. Reason: Removed possible attack at another site - Jeff

just to clarify, that wasn't supposed to be an attack at another site, just pointing out that they do allow it over there.
seems to work also, given the nature of that site, there are less younger folks, etc .

i guess if it could be construed as an attack, we leave the name out.

Jeff Bohn
09-09-2004, 05:32 PM
just to clarify, that wasn't supposed to be an attack at another site, just pointing out that they do allow it over there.
seems to work also, given the nature of that site, there are less younger folks, etc .

i guess if it could be construed as an attack, we leave the name out.

Yeah, I wasn't sure, that's why I left it as possible, not sure if they'd be offended by it. Either way, they have rules over there too, and it isn't a total free for all!

Hit & Run
09-09-2004, 07:31 PM
Most if not all boards have some form of this rule. I do not know why people do it. When you sign up on most sites it is rule one or two that is listed.

drveovru2
09-09-2004, 07:53 PM

no its more like the smurf village. especially when someone has a personal problem that wasnt so personal since they were willing to put it on here. All the smurfs give away smurf berries and everything is just smurfy.

Its probably a good thing if we smurf out all the smurf words. but some smurf words dont seem so bad, but this smurf answers to the elder smurfs so he thinks smurf words are better left alone.

please pass the smurf berries.

Deogg
09-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey mods can we use the word "smurf" instead of expletives? lol :D

detroscastle
09-10-2004, 12:08 AM
I rarely agree with dockingbay97,but this time I gotta.I really don't find most of these words offensive.I can care less.However there are some people who this kinda language really offends,I don't get why but it does.Also there are a few younger people on this site and we should have some respect.

acmirro
09-10-2004, 12:17 AM

And why do you think that? Becuause, much like Sunday school, there are a few people who feel the need to try and get one over on the rest of us, get caught, and ruin it for everyone else?

Please, fill me in on why this is such a horrible request.

gabbyb3
09-10-2004, 07:30 AM
there is no need to curse here..thats it, its like speeding, you get cought, you deal with penalties from your actions.. thats the bottom line.. follow the said rules and no penalties..i agree lets keep it nice and friendly in here as this is a great place lets nor ruin it with unneeded profanity.. use common sense.. i worked as a telecom installer in the w.t.c. in nyc.. its gonna be 3 years..and you could always tell who was more educated by the amount of profanity used by individual. here where we talk about toys we should also adhere to a no profanity rule..i mean the filter they have wont even let me use the proper name for the pilots location.. you know c-ckpit

UKGIJOE
09-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Not being funny but some of you are nuts. There is no reason for you to use curse words etc when talking about toys.Its Different if your at home or in the pub with your mates, but this is a message board about toys. We should'nt have to be told not to swear on here. If you feel a need to use swear words on a messgae board about toys then you have some problems.

nightc1
09-10-2004, 08:58 AM

I fully agree it's not hard at all to comply with the base rule (if it were perfect). I'm glad warnings were sent out to the offenders because this thread was overall aimed at the whole population and I for one couldn't tell if maybe I slipped up and didn't know. Whomever those users are... they should be banned if they continue to cuss openly.

However, as acmirro stated... the filter will catch some words that aren't cuss words and atleast that won't lead to an immediate ban (atleast as far as acmirro is concerned). Thank goodness. I don't typically cuss. However it would be sad if I was typing along in a thread about fixing a cockpit (which the filters don't catch) canope broken on a Rattler... and in the process I said in refrence to putting the part back on to pus hit (pu****, push it) into place... and that odd coupling of words created something that would ultimately get me banned because for once I didn't re-read my post. I usually do re-read my posts... but not every time. Expecting people to be overly anal about which words the filter will catch and wont and re-reading everything they type before going on to the next thread of interest... is a bit extreme. I have no intention of cussing up a storm here. But hopefully all the mods will be atleast understanding that some words will end up filtered due to the faulty filter and to not penalize people with a ban just because of it.

dockingbay97
09-13-2004, 04:56 PM
I want to make something clear.

As a word damn or even if you cannot spell it and type dam is not a curse word to some and may even be able to be spoken on some tv shows. It does offend others though and so this word is on the do not say on YoJoe list.

I am only using this word as an example and I will not clarify anymore words in this post. DO NOT post any words here asking if you can say them. If you have a question on a certain word, email that question to Jeff or I.

In the meantime, no more of the above word.

dockingbay97
09-14-2004, 09:53 AM
And obviously some people thought we the staff of this site were not serious about this.

In the last couple days there has been a rash of this behavior and we have done what we said we would. We will continue to do so.

Please stop. It isn't that hard to refrain from cursing when you come here to talk about toys and collecting.

publicenemy
09-15-2004, 06:30 PM
i can't understand what the problem is? the people who run and maintain this board have only a few simple rules. just follow them. not the end of the world. if some people don't like it, well they can find another forum. it's a little hard to complain about a service that is free. not to mention all the info that this site has. well i will say thank you to all the people who run and maintain this website and boards. the least i can do is respect the rules.

mukkidog
09-16-2004, 09:53 AM
It's about time the boot was brought down.

As well as the old chestnut of "Kids may be reading this", I have to add that I'm 30 years old and I don't like them either. Whether that makes me abnormal or not is another matter, but I have left a lot of forums because people seem to think it's funny to swear (or insert "ersatz swearing" with the usual @ or * as if they're the first person to think of it). I am quite capable of discussing GI JOE without sticking in the odd cuss and if I feel someone is behaving/posting like an idiot, I'll try and say so in as measured a manner as possible. If they can't do the same then that says more about them than me...

By the way, kids probably do swear a lot these days, but that's just an added indication of their immaturity. Hopefully as we become adults we can expand our lexicon and be able to express ourselves in a far more articulate manner.

jabba the drunk
09-21-2004, 05:14 PM
i can't understand what the problem is? the people who run and maintain this board have only a few simple rules. just follow them. not the end of the world. if some people don't like it, well they can find another forum. it's a little hard to complain about a service that is free. not to mention all the info that this site has. well i will say thank you to all the people who run and maintain this website and boards. the least i can do is respect the rules.

Well said, publicenemy! I completely agree with you. :)

And I too, would like to again thank all the mods who maintain the boards so well, and the admins who keep the archive running so smoothly.

You guys deserve accolades, and have done a great service to spreading knowledge of Gijoe collecting.

-Peter

FireFox91
09-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Well now that I am back from my 7 day "timeout," I have to say this system needs a bit of work. Dont get me wrong, I am a firm believer that we do not need foul language on the board. Those that say its how they always talk are liars. Talking that way everywhere you go will eventually get a reality check from someone.

My problem is that I posted a single word to express my excitement on a particular issue that I didn't not even second guess. I also did not go back and read my post to see that it got filtered with the stars. Next thing I know I am banned and I have no idea why. I went back to my post and determined what word I used. I still found it hard to believe that this was a word that was filtered. I do not know this for fact, but I feel it was interpereted to be another truly offensive word and I was banned. My objection to my banning via e-mail was met with silence. That is when I start thinking of a few more offensive words to myself.

Anyway, I am cooled down now but I still object to the banning to begin with. I won't attempt to hint at the word. But this week I have heard it on a prime-time national news cast. I have heard it in church and is printed in many old and respected literary works. It is NOT foul language. I feel the admins needs to let people know about this before banning anyone else for it. Yes, I could have used a different word in my original post, but it was so natural I didn't even think about it. Others are likely going to do the same as I did and get the boot without notice.

publicenemy
09-21-2004, 08:27 PM
firefox, it i think your missing the point. u seem to think it's the fed's telling you not to use foul langage. but this board is like someone's house, you respect and follow their rules or simply leave, you and I are mere guest here. nobody wants people coming into their home disrepecting their home. as far as i've read, nobody hear is acting as if they never use foul langage. people are showing a sign of respect by not using it, the mods don't want us using it.

FireFox91
09-21-2004, 11:10 PM
firefox, it i think your missing the point. u seem to think it's the fed's telling you not to use foul langage. but this board is like someone's house, you respect and follow their rules or simply leave, you and I are mere guest here. nobody wants people coming into their home disrepecting their home. as far as i've read, nobody hear is acting as if they never use foul langage. people are showing a sign of respect by not using it, the mods don't want us using it.
I am not missing the point nor do I think the feds are regulating me. Where you get this idea is beyond me. Read my post again. I am not debating that we should be allowed to use foul language. I made that clear at the beginning that it should not be used. My point was that I was banned for a word that I did not think was considered foul. Let's use your example.

You get invited over to someone's house for a party you are talking with others. Someone asks you what you favorite color is and you say "orange." All of a sudden you get thrown out for disrespecting the home owners. What did you do? As far as you are concerned, nothing. But the owners may be offended by "orange" for some unknown reason. How were you to know unless someone told you ahead of time "Hey man, don't say the word 'orange' at this party. It really upsets the owners."

This was my situation. I am not so ignorant to think that one of George Carlin's 7 dirty words should be okay here. My "orange" is a word you likely hear everyday and never think twice about it. This is not new ground. There was already a post earlier in this thread about a different word and they settled that it could not be used. Fine, not being used. And now I learned the hard way they don't want this one either. But again, someone needs to come out and say that so others can prevent themselves for being banned.

dockingbay97
09-22-2004, 12:22 AM
The rules are clear.

If you use foul language, you are gone for a week.

If you mispell it so it will get by the editor or use symbols like &^%$ instead of the word, you are gone for a week.

If you type something that is replaced by *'s, I assume you must have been swearing, hence the editor caught it and the 7 day vacation is granted.

I don't want to drag anyone's case in front of the rest of the board but all it takes is looking at your post when you are done and do a little proof reading.

If you see your thread full of *'s, edit them out and don't use those words.

If the editor is catching something it shouldn't, bring it to our attention.

I am sorry this happened to you but it is 100% avoidable.

publicenemy
09-22-2004, 06:35 AM
firefox, when i refer to the fed's, what i am saying is you act as if you getting banned from the board was a crime and a violation to your rights. you continue to go on about it. let it go. i'm done posting on this thread.

Prozac
09-22-2004, 09:38 AM
The rules are clear.

If you use foul language, you are gone for a week.

But since when is **** a foul word? That's what his point is. Personally I think it's a crock of sh...oh wait...I don't want to add another week.

Lame...

See you guys in a week.

gabbyb3
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
its simply put, no foul language ............ thats it, there is no need for it, if you feel a need for it maybe you should grow up a bit and learn to express yourself in a more professional way.. the speed limit is 55 mph if you get pulled over do you argue?? no its the rules either follow them and abide by them or get lost.. this is a nice place, friendly people why ruin it? if you cant deal with this maybe you should go take some PROZAK this is a site about toys..my son looks here with me so i dont approve of it and it seems a majority of the people here agree.. if you get booted for a week its your own fault, no one tells you to not follow the rules set up here its very easy.. try it gabbyb3

JustinBarnhill
09-22-2004, 09:59 AM
its simply put, no foul language ............ thats it, there is no need for it, if you feel a need for it maybe you should grow up a bit and learn to express yourself in a more professional way.. the speed limit is 55 mph if you get pulled over do you argue?? no its the rules either follow them and abide by them or get lost.. this is a nice place, friendly people why ruin it? if you cant deal with this maybe you should go take some PROZAK this is a site about toys..my son looks here with me so i dont approve of it and it seems a majority of the people here agree.. if you get booted for a week its your own fault, no one tells you to not follow the rules set up here its very easy.. try it gabbyb3

yeah, but who here honestly doesn't go 60 in a 55....

gabbyb3
09-22-2004, 10:04 AM
yeah but if you get cought.. you do pay for it dont you... see same its the thing you know you cant/ shouldnt do it , but if you take it upon yourself you deal with the results of your actions dont you???

Jeff Bohn
09-22-2004, 10:18 AM
If anyone absolutely needs a list of words that are currently censored, please email me. Please be advised that there are words on the list that aren't nice at all in any context. Also, the list is not all inclusive, words that are not on the list could also be considered cursing.

Remember, the more time I have to spend on this, the less time I have to work on the archives.

Jeff

JustinBarnhill
09-22-2004, 10:23 AM
yeah but if you get cought.. you do pay for it dont you... see same its the thing you know you cant/ shouldnt do it , but if you take it upon yourself you deal with the results of your actions dont you???

well, if you are going w/the flow of traffic, i doubt youll get pulled over...

kinda like:

100mph in a 50mph = def ticket = letting loose a tirade of curse words that would make goodfellas proud

60mph in a 55mph = a 2nd glance by the feds = a "hey, that word is questionable pm/email from a mod"

get it?

Recondo
09-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Good call Jeff (et al). I can only speak for myself, but chalk up another "vote" for the anti-foul-language rule.

As more & more kids get into the new sculpt GI Joe toys/comics/cards, they are now more than ever checking out YoJoe.com (probably more than ANY other GI Joe fan website too). Imo, this doesn't need to be a forum where Moms & Dads have to disallow their kids to visit because of the nasty language.

Let's be a little bit responsible here.

FireFox91
09-22-2004, 06:36 PM
firefox, when i refer to the fed's, what i am saying is you act as if you getting banned from the board was a crime and a violation to your rights. you continue to go on about it. let it go. i'm done posting on this thread.
Believe me when I say you do not understand. You do not know what I am thinking and clearly do not even know how I am acting. Your interpritations of me are completely wrong so I suggest you stop trying. My "continuing" of going on about it consists of actually replying to your inaccurate statements about me? 2 posts on the issue (now 3) and you make it sound like I am marching in front of the Capitol in protest. I guess just agreeing with you would be the only thing that made sense because you are right, huh? Ahhh..no. But, you do have one thing right. I am done posting on this topic.

BelgianGabber
09-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Is it that hard to use proper language? Jeesh

THE PUNISHER
09-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Ok lets get this right the first time.
Im not starting anything just simply expressing my opnion u dont have to agree with it and thats fine i just want to make a statement.
I dont agree with the no foul lanuage becuz i think it's safe to say we are all not 9 years old here and if used in moderation i dont see a problem with it. We all say bad words all the time and if u say no then u are a liar. But now these are the set rules at yojoe and i respect em because i dont flip the bill for this board. It's just like driveing fast and getting a speeding ticket U were wrong and u gotta pay for it u knew it was wrong so u gotta face the conquences. So if they say no foul words then ya u better adbie by them or else leave. And i dont think the mods are being unfair about it they are human like everyone else.

JeffreyKabal
09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
And i dont think the mods are being unfair about it they are human like everyone else.

BelgianGabber is a mod at my board.
And I can tell you, that guy is defenitely NOT human ;)

Snake-eyes01
09-30-2004, 03:45 PM
These posts crack me up! I CAN understand how difficult at times it can be not to SPEAK a foul or inappropriate word sometimes, we all slip-up when SPEAKING but this is TYPING!! It's not like the words just slip out!! Give me a break, there are no accidents when typing out curse words, it's either done on purpose, out of spite, or by someone who hasn't read the rules yet!

thebigzakbowski
09-30-2004, 03:56 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going

JeffreyKabal
09-30-2004, 04:58 PM
there are no accidents when typing out curse words, it's either done on purpose, out of spite, or by someone who hasn't read the rules yet!

hmm I don't agree with that acctually.
Sometimes when people have a discussion their in such atmosphere they type faster than their mind is thinking.
After the guy reads his own post again, he sees that what he typed was a bit to much. Sometimes your into a discussion that you enjoy much or dislike much, you often type your emotions which are very normal, but after you cooled down it was a bit to much of it.

For example (did not really happen to me)
Some time ago a bought a General, which I actually hated because I thought it was ugly. I told so on some boards.
But when I got it for a very low price I was full of joy and told everybody.
Then people told me that I always said that the thing was ugly.
I read my own posts again, and said I went over the top. It's still ugly but it was so cheap. And that's why I was typing in a form which wasn't the normal one.

Name calling should not happen on the board. But sometimes a curse word can give more expression to certain sentences.
In the Netherlands we curse with illnes. Like Cancer. Very normal word.
If people are angry the call me a "kankerlijer" which means I'm suffering from Cancer.
But in the city I come from it's very normal to use these words. It is ridiculous, I know. But the Hague has a very strong accent which is almost by every person in the hague expressed with a lot of cursing. It's descneding over the years. But old people and a lot of real citizens from the hague still talk that way. People in other cities call us non-social. As we seem to be the thorn in the eye in the Netherlands.
I for one am a real citizen of the hague. I can talk with this accent. Most Dutchies don't even understand me when I'm talking that way. It's a very "flat" accent. But then again I have that accent, and I grew up with curse words. At school I talk Dutch on it's higher level which is understandable for all the Dutch. When typing I do understand that some people are using curse words.
Like your full of dude....which is meant funny.
Just to express yourself more.
But when it comes to REAL name calling. Everyone who takes part of it should be banned for a week.
I think it's a bit pathetic to go on name calling. They're just words on a screen..on who do you get mad?? the screen? :):)

Prozac
09-30-2004, 05:51 PM
it's either done on purpose, out of spite, or by someone who hasn't read the rules yet!

mine was out of spite.

Someone else(won't say who) typed (just like that) in another thread...I wonder if he got banned.

Prozac
09-30-2004, 05:52 PM
When typing I do understand that some people are using curse words.
Like your full of dude....which is meant funny.

you're gonna get banned for a week now dude...

BelgianGabber
09-30-2004, 06:00 PM
you're gonna get banned for a week now dude...

I hope they ban him for at least three months. He's the nr1 curser at www.gijoe.nl and there we can't ban him because he runs the show!

dockingbay97
09-30-2004, 06:19 PM
This discussion is OVER.

No cursing.

No trying to slip it by misspelling or using symbols in the word.

No typing the word and letting the filter * it out and no replacing it yourself with *'s in order to thumb your nose at this rule, the mods, and the rest of the board members.

Believe it or not I cannot read every post in every thread on this board. If I or another mod catch you, your post will be edited and you will be banned for a week. NO EXCEPTIONS! If you feel I or another mod have missed something, that is why there is Report Bad Post exclamation mark in the lower left of each and every post. Feel free to use it.

The YoJoe.com board really does have very few rules. This is one of them. If you feel that no cursing is restricting your ability to talk about toys, then I would suggest you find another board.

I hate to be this way. I hate to be the bad cop of the board. I am forced to be since it seems impossible for some of you to not live with the board rules.

NO EXCEPTIONS!! One week ban. Repeated offenses by the same user will be dealt with in a more severe manner.

This discussion is OVER.

dockingbay97
09-30-2004, 06:28 PM
These posts crack me up! I CAN understand how difficult at times it can be not to SPEAK a foul or inappropriate word sometimes, we all slip-up when SPEAKING but this is TYPING!! It's not like the words just slip out!! Give me a break, there are no accidents when typing out curse words, it's either done on purpose, out of spite, or by someone who hasn't read the rules yet!

Truer words could not be spoken (or typed). At this point there is no excuse for this.

You don't slip like when you are speaking. You have to think about what you are typing and read it when it is on the screen. I feel 99.9% of this is done out of spite or on purpose.

Jeff Bohn
10-04-2004, 07:49 AM
Just as a reminder, this rule is still in effect.

The webstaff is currently reviewing the rule, and if we do find it too strict or unforgiving, an update will be made to it, but until then the rule and the 7 day ban are still in place.