GI Joe CCG - I just got WAXED! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe CCG - I just got WAXED!

orionlukteel
09-08-2004, 02:42 PM
I broke out the card game last night with my son.
He took the Cobra deck, I took the Joe deck.

Four games, four losses. I got absolutely pasted.
GI Joe can't be that bad, can they?
I guess my biggest beef is the ammo counts.
Very nearly every card I flipped for the
firefight had a 1 ammo.

Now, I only have one or two boosters worth of
extras besides the ones that came with the starter.
But has anyone else gotten beat this badly with the
Joe team?

nightc1
09-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I got my TCG Starter set in the mail last Friday and that night.. or Saturday night.. I played my first game of it. I didn't have anyone to try the game out with and really just wanted to run through it enough to get the basics down since my only other exposure to the game was the demo.

COBRA absolutely destroyed GI Joe. :eek:

My Cobra offerings usually had me up on the ammo during firefights... also the one-on-one combat most often had Cobra winning (even when Joe was picking the fight).

Maybe it had something to do with me making Cobra go first? I'm not sure. But overall the Cobra side does seem stronger. Plus, CC's special (if you get to use him) of taking out an opponent of your choice as revenge when he's eliminated also puts a strong advantage to Cobra.

I haven't added any of my 4 booster packs and complete Uncommons set to the default card sets. But I'll be looking into that soon enough just to ballance the game out some. Till then, I plan to get a few more trial runs through.

sublimetxtx
09-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I got a starter set and 8 booster packs and Cobra wins 3 out of every 4 games. I am going to get a booster box sometime soon and hopefully I can make my Joe deck better.

Dave Seguin
09-12-2004, 07:38 AM
When I got my starter and first 5 boosters I figures why not and asked my wife to play me. Well she grabbed the joes and I played cobra and we played about 20 games and I got pasted to the floor she beat me 19 out of the 20 games. since then I've grabbed a few more boosters and beaten her a few more times but she still wipes the floor with me. My general assumption is that I suck at the game so I guess that's what I can gauge it on.