How rare is some of this stuff? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : How rare is some of this stuff?

dmooretoys
09-10-2004, 11:50 PM
I just won a Duke Paint-A-Figurine on ebay and I noticed from the picture (I haven't received it yet) it had two holes punched into the card with a hole-punch. I thought this looked familiar so I looked at the picture of it on this site and sure enough--it looks like the same figure (based on where the holes are punched)! I also checked out my copy of Lee's Guide to Collecting Vehicles and Accessories and sure enough--the Duke Figurine's package has holes punched in the exact same location, leading me to believe it is the same figure. All of these similar pictures make me wonder--how rare is this stuff? I know the carded figures are fairly numerous but some of the Joe licensed products must be pretty rare as there seems to be far less collectors of those items. I know most of the pieces I aquire will remain in my collection for life and I wonder how many of you are like me. Has anyone else thought about this? I know there are some items I search for on ebay at least twice a week and I have NEVER seen them in the last 8 months. Anyway, I just want to get some other collectors' input on this. Thanks!

Dan

CRAP
09-11-2004, 02:29 PM
not a big market for joe related items, nor will there probobally ever be unless it is extremly rare. So in other words, it may be hard to find, but if you try to sell it your not going to get much considering the rarity.

dmooretoys
09-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I know most people are only into the toys, but for me I enjoy collecting the other items because it helps make my collection unique. I don't really buy anything with plans to sell it for a profit down the road because as you said most people aren't into the other items (except for Xavier (Dan), dryhawk37 (Drew), and a few others. Don't get me wrong--I also buy the toys, but I don't post about them because everyone else has that area covered. Also, someday I plan to either do a book or have my own website, but that is several years down the road (and after I retire from the Army)........

Dan