Need some advice and/or tips....... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Need some advice and/or tips.......

Soundwave Viper
09-14-2004, 06:18 PM
I've got a GI Joe USS Flagg, and I am definently gonna turn it into a Cobra Carrier. I need to know what is the best way to pursue this could be?

I usually use acrylic paint on more of the smaller and medium size vehicles, but I'm not to sure that this is gonna get the job done..... and I want to do this right.

If anyone can help me , it would be great. Thanks.

GILTYONE
09-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Clean it with alcohol really good. I don't know about the paint but krysrmguard666 just finished his MCC check the thread on this board customs. Hey if u need any custom cobra stickers I got them LMK EMAIL gilty01@tmail.com

gabbyb3
09-16-2004, 08:31 AM
if you want to paint do9nt use acrilic , it doesnt really take well to the plastic as opposed to enamel.. i have won many contests for ww2 kits.. i recomend for the hull a spray { plastic coat works great i use that for my army of modified hiss tanks}.. also look at any automotive store{pep boys, advanced auto napa} for something called prepsol , rubbing alcohol does not remove grease as well, it just smears it around.. if you are going to use blue paint use a gray primer, same goes for red.. do not spray on humid days or rain days as the paint will "blush" or dicolor white.. go very easy with the priner and use a good quality masking tape for any areas of detail..... e mail me if you need more answers.. i ahve over 500+ ww2 models i have built and can give you some decet advice... gabbyb3@hotmail.com