Recondo Variation??? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Recondo Variation???

El Biņo
09-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Today I got another Recondo (version1) in the mail and besides that it is the variation with the green camo instead of the brown camo there were a few other things I noticed.

The one I already had, with the brown camo pants, has a green holster and strap while the new one I received has the normal brown strap and holster as is shown on yojoe. Also the hat has a totally different greenish color but this could very well just be sunlight exposure.

Anybody else have a Recondo with green strap and holster or seen one like this before? There is a very clear difference and it doesn't look like some paintjob to me.

If someone wants to see pics I can take some but have no clue on how to post them here.

JeffreyKabal
09-15-2004, 04:25 PM
upload them on msn for example or yahoo and give us the link

AVAC
09-15-2004, 04:33 PM
It is really simple to attach a picture on the message board now. All you need to do when you post a new message is scroll down a little bit on that page. You will see a spot that says Attach Files. Within that box is a button that says Manage Attachments. Click on it and you will be taken to another screen. From there you can browse your hard drive to attach the files. Hopefully that makes sense so you can post some pictures for us to see.

El Biņo
09-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Here's the picture then. As you can see the one on the left clearly has a different color strap and holster. I know, by the way, that the right figure has a Dusty crotch but that's not relevant here.

notpicard
09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Wow, that is definitely a different figure. Do you know what country you received this from? Also, what is the date and country stamp (this can help to determine if it is possibly a Hasbro Direct item) With the hoster brown and the pant camo green on the card art, I would be inclined to think that this would be the latest variation of Recondo if it is from the US.

Thanks for showing us the pics.

Edit: I guess I should have looked to see that you are located in Holland. Do you recall what card you got this on or if you received it with the canoe?

JeffreyKabal
09-17-2004, 03:17 AM
the old recondo was never avaible over here, just mentioning it

El Biņo
09-17-2004, 04:28 AM
I have no clue where I got the figure with the green belt from but knowing it was never released here probably from the States. The other one I just received this week and is also from the US. As for the date and country stamp, the green strapped one is 1984, hasbro, made in Hong Kong and from the other one I can just tell 1984, hasbro as I do not have the actual crotch for this figure.

notpicard
09-17-2004, 04:53 AM
Wow, this thing is interesting. It sounds like it has the retail stamp, so it doesn't seem to be the US mail-in (though I have never seen a Recondo with a "Made in China" stamp anyway).

I was thinking it could be a later version of this:

http://www.yojoe.com/international/europe/afsilentattack.shtml

The archives indicate that this was released in the Netherlands and many parts of Europe, though maybe it was limited.

The images there appear to include the brown camo figure, which would coincide with a later Recondo if my guess about the package art is correct.

I'd really like to find some sort of packaged evidence of where this came from. I'm definitely going to have an eye out for this to try to determine if it is a variation from the US or an exclusive from somewhere else.

El Biņo
09-17-2004, 05:04 AM
As far as I know I got the figure from the US and from the archives it seems that the AF one is exactly the same as the US release. So, I'm guessing, if it's a legit variant it's probably a US one. Would be nice to see if there are more people who have one like this in their collection without knowing it....

JeffreyKabal
09-17-2004, 05:57 AM
I´ll take a look as well and post a thread on our message board to see if more european collectors have it.

RotterdamTerrorCorps
09-17-2004, 06:48 AM
As far as I can judge it ain't European. My Recondo is Action Force and it has got the same paint as the US GI Joe version.