G.I.JOE vinyl wallet [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : G.I.JOE vinyl wallet

navy viper
02-27-2014, 04:22 AM
So I got it in my head I wanted to get one of these wallets for my collection & I've been watching ebay closely for a few months for one in descent shape - with no such luck until tonight - except I was just wanting 1 not 10 !! why do sellers do stuff like this ? the rare instance when you find what you want , for a descent price but you cant get it because theres 10 for sale/auction & you only want 1 !!!!!!!! Who the *!@# army builds wallets anyway ? LOL 10 Vintage 1980s G I Joe Vinyl Wallets RARE | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Vintage-1980s-G-I-Joe-Vinyl-Wallets-RARE-/181333742281?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a385552c9#ht_23wt_1362)

IRLBaronesswanted
02-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Well you have to think about back then and now. What I mean by that is this:

Back then:

These things probably did not sell just like the vehicle accessory pack. The person who bought them back then probably bought the case of them. Heck the vehicle accessory pack back then sold for 10 cents each when stores were trying to get rid of their stock.

Now:

The person selling them figures they won't get much so just put them up in a lot and see what they get. Also they probably don't want to waste time in listing, packing, and shipping them separately.

Net-Viper X
02-27-2014, 05:19 PM
The problem is the bad advertising. You can't just come out and say something is made of vinyl and expect it to sell. Now if they had said these are made from "Only the highest quality 100% genuine imitation leather!" they would have sold like hotcakes.

darthdrew13
02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
navy viper, If you end up winning this, PM me if you want to sell off the extras. I'm game for one (maybe 2) as long as the price stays down.

FireFox91
02-27-2014, 09:12 PM
Did you win? If so, I will buy one off you. Heck, you will probably make money off this deal. Send me a PM if you want to sell. Thanks!

Bigbot
02-28-2014, 06:46 AM
I'd be interested too if you won...LOL.

cardensb
03-05-2014, 04:52 PM
I would have bought one for a few bucks. They sold for about $3 each including the shipping.

navy viper
03-06-2014, 02:27 AM
O.k.- now I gotta say I feel like a idiot for even starting this thread. 1st it was kind of a rant on my part because I was ticked by the sellers listing of 10 & not just the one I needed. Had I done things a little smarter I would have "G.I.Joe Vinyl wallet" in my saved searches on eBay & then tried to see if there was any interest in buying some - which clearly there was on here . I have let some of you down & screwed myself out of a descent collectible for my humble little collection . I hope this will be a lesson for me & that I can remember to think a little bit about my collecting habits & fellow collectors - sorry guys

Currahee_Chris
03-06-2014, 07:27 AM
I saw one on ebay on Sunday for $30!!! Had zero bids.

Currahee_Chris
03-06-2014, 07:28 AM
....... I have let some of you down & screwed myself out of a descent collectible for my humble little collection . I hope this will be a lesson for me & that I can remember to think a little bit about my collecting habits & fellow collectors - sorry guys

You can work off your guilt in the arena of sport!!! GUARDS,,,,,,TAKE HIM AWAY!!! :) :)