Command HISS 2 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Command HISS 2

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-18-2004, 10:08 PM
this was an idea I was tossing around for awhile, it was half assembled in a box for 6 months. it was a LOT more difficult to do than i had first thought it would be. The idea was a lightly armed HISS meant for carrying battle commanders, with communications equipment, radar, cameras, etc, to aid the battle commander in directing troops. I cut the top off a HISS 2 and dropped in the top of a maggot command vehicle. This left HUGE gaps in the back. I also ahev a shortage on HISS 2 treads, so i had to figure out a way to fit a pair of HISS 1 treads to the bottom. it was all a HUGE pain, so this is a custom that will be staying in my collection for a while. I filled the back in with strips and plates of Styrene, then decked them out with old military model bits and busted backpacks. The radar dish array is removable since I thought it was a little awkward looking, but it is still necessary. my biggest problem was that the HISS 2 body is so packed with detail there are no flat areas to apply COBRAS too, hence the lil flag. I did find a spot for the 788, though.

Dead-Eye
09-19-2004, 03:44 AM
Looks cool. I had the same idea but was going to use one of the HISS 1's I have with no turrets. I'd cut out the back half after the cockpit and then make new inside walls. There would only be enough room for 1 or 2 people.

GILTYONE
09-19-2004, 11:59 PM
Hey kevin that custom vehicle army of yours is growin fast nice work

thorn
09-21-2004, 07:24 PM
that looks great, any way you could put up some larger photos?

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-21-2004, 10:12 PM
I cannot put anything larger on yojoe, but I can send them to anyone that emails me.