Who deserves more page time? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Who deserves more page time?

Richard J.
09-21-2004, 01:19 AM
The Devil's Due run of GI Joe is great, but isn't someone missing?

Who do you think deserves more page time? Would you like to see a major story line centering around the villianous Dr. Mindbender? Think Firewall needs her own mini series? Are you just tired of seeing Snake Eyes get all the cool issues?

Who needs a story?

My vote: Zanya. Where the heck is she?

Richard J.

Graz73
09-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Billy! He showed up a few times then never did anything worthwhile.

danyanda
09-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Billy dropped off the face of the earth... again!
I personally would like to see the fleshing out of some of the new recruits to give the new comic some of it's own identity. As long as they rehash old Marvel stories they will always be subpar. The General Hawk story line (even though Hawk getting shot in the back by Cobra Commander seems a bit familiar) is cool because the possiblity of a debilitated Commander is a new twist, plus his personal life which has not been touched on a great deal.
Other than that, give Jinx some character apart from the other ninjas. Give Scarlett some character apart from Snake Eyes, and let Grand Slam do something besides get wounded.

Dreadnok4life
09-22-2004, 12:08 AM
I agree that Billy's story needs to be resolved somehow. If I remember correctly the last we saw of Billy was when CC shot him. Is he dead? Alive? Will he be joining Hawk in a wheelchair?

I need a Zanya and Dreadnok fix.

Some of the new figures have been overlooked. Wide Scope for instance. He was in a couple issues then POOF.

Antarctica
09-22-2004, 12:32 AM
I agree more Dreadnoks are needed.

I think some missions that give some of the vehicle drivers opportuities to fight. Like Dodger showing up driving for the Stalker/Claymore missions.

Like Cross Country, Ace, Slip Stream, Wild Bill, Cutter.

Mike JT
09-22-2004, 04:38 AM
I'd like to see some kind of conclusion to Billy's story arc.

Make him a Joe or have him retire somewhere to a normal life.

I would like to see more of Outback, Leatherneck, and Gung-Ho.

Graz73
09-22-2004, 07:29 AM
I think some missions that give some of the vehicle drivers opportuities to fight. Like Dodger showing up driving for the Stalker/Claymore missions.

Like Cross Country, Ace, Slip Stream, Wild Bill, Cutter.

Vehicles in general are not used as much in the Devils Due comics. Think of all of these new vehicles. Where are they?

Richard J.
09-23-2004, 02:12 AM
I need a Zanya and Dreadnok fix.

Right there with you. When the DD run started, it looked like they were going to be really important and now the Dreds have just sort of vanished.

We all agree on Billy. He's Cobra Commander's son and yet he gets almost completely ignored. Maybe, with CC captured, he'll make an appearance. It would be awesome to see him talking to his dad through prison bars, nervous guards all around, and somehow CC is quietly certain of escape.

Properly done, that scene could put shivers down the spine IMHO.

Richard J.