TCG Starter Sets & Booster Packs now at WALMART [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : TCG Starter Sets & Booster Packs now at WALMART

nightc1
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM
While at my local Walmart Super Center during lunch I noticed the GI Joe TCG Starter Sets and Booster Packs in the section with the other trading cards (in the book area). The Starter sets were $9.97 and the individual packs of cards (which were mounted on an original cardboard) were $3.67. I know many have complained about not being able to find em locally so if you have a Super Center nearby... there's a good chance they'll have it.

It's not as good overall as buying from CCGArmory.com... but if you don't buy through the net or want to avoid another charge... then.. there you go for an alternative source.

I haven't noticed these at any regular walmarts yet... just the Super Center... but maybe they'll popup at the others too.

BTW, this isn't something they've had long as there weren't even stickers on the shelf for either item. I had to find a price checking thing on a pole and scan it myself to get the numbers ;)

orionlukteel
09-22-2004, 05:55 PM
It's funny - I have not one but two Super Centers near me.
The one farther away has had Starters and boosters for about three weeks now. The one nearest me, nada.
And the one that had them sold out of boosters last week. :(
So hopefully WallyWorld will start stocking them in earnest now.
Thanks for the heads up!

gunless
09-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I actually saw these at TRU also.

nightc1
09-23-2004, 08:57 AM
I think overall this is great news for the TCG sets. I mean, I didn't expect WotC to only have em in comic/gaming shops... but early on with it's release it looked like that was exactly what they were doing.

So now... they are in Walmart and Target (the closest Target for me is an hours drive)... that pretty much opens the game up to the masses. Expecially IMO being I live in a pretty small town... it's nice to see this stuff in any store as the local comic shops weren't planning to get it. Hopefully it'll catch on even though it's likely I'll never play the game in public I'm not against others doing it.