Custom BAT sort of a v1 update [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Custom BAT sort of a v1 update

TheReverend
09-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Couldn't sleep last night so I stayed up and tossed this together, still need to touch up the paint...

I was going for a sort of update to the v1 bat.

I was going to sculpt the head to look more like the v1 -it was a new bat head prior to adding a lot of green stuff epoxy- But I sort of liked it simple and just plain black with no detail like this. Seemed sort of cool. Anyone think I should add more detail or keep it this way?

What else does this guy need? let me know what you think.

more photos here: http://www.carrick.us/bat/

GILTYONE
09-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Nice look alike with a GVC hang to it but what's up with the head.

TheReverend
09-22-2004, 06:22 PM
Nice look alike with a GVC hang to it but what's up with the head.
Well I was going to put more detail into the head...

But sort of figured robots don’t really need a face...figured there could be sensors, cameras, and stuff inside a plain black head. (kind of like those black camera domes with security cameras in them inside every Wal-Mart)

Anyway I may sculpt it into a more conventional looking BAT head...with the silver slit on the front...don’t know... should I? :D

GILTYONE
09-22-2004, 07:18 PM
I think u should do a openning 4 the eyes like the new ones.

Obiwanjacoby
09-22-2004, 08:27 PM
Great job. Can't see the face very well (oh, wait you explained that -my bad), but the rest is outstanding.

What'd you do for the chest decal? Is that from a v.1 BAT or is it your own creation?

-PJ

TheReverend
09-22-2004, 08:40 PM
The chest decal is a print out of a v1 chest decal scan I've had on my computer for a while (forget where I got it...) printed it on photo paper and crazy glued it in place :)