GI Joe #34, Master and Apprentice #4 and Reloaded #7 *SPOILERS* [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : GI Joe #34, Master and Apprentice #4 and Reloaded #7 *SPOILERS*

Phil Kost
09-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, GI Joe #34 and Master and Apprentice #4 came out today.

I felt both were very solid issues.

GI Joe #34 was outstanding in that it transitioned smoothly from the last couple issues into the this one. Even though this is the beginning of a new story arc, it is still addressing the last one very well.

There were a couple "eh" moments, but overall an outstanding issue by Brandon and good art by Seeley.

Master and Apprentice #4 was an excellent conclusion to this mini-series.

There were some unexpected twists, which were good things I felt. It does explain where Overlord came from and also explains why Wade returned to work for Cobra. I was sorry to see Wade die, but oh well....not everyone can live forever.

On the Reloaded #7 side of the house....well....that is next week but the 5-page preview is up at Devil's Due.net

http://devilsdue.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16410

and at Joe Reloaded.com

http://www.joereloaded.com/ReloadedFirst/JoeReloaded7FirstLook.htm

The story looks pretty good, and it also looks like we will get more character development on Snake-Eyes.

danyanda
09-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Giving my opinion of Master & Apprentice #4 would require me having some clue as to what went on in the issue. It was almost as bad as the dreamwave TF crossover.
I would much rather have a comic that is less "artistic" and easier to understand.

Dreadnok4life
09-29-2004, 11:01 PM
I haven't read #34 yet. Is Professor X still in the wheelchair and is Iron Man still working for Destro? :D

Cesspool
09-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I found Master & Apprentice #4 hard to follow too because of the art.

Chuplayer
09-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Is it just my local store or does Reloaded sell out quickly? I've had to wait a week or two after the month's book comes out because I get to the store after they sell out. I usually get there around 7:00 PM and Reloaded is always sold out.

Well, no #7 for me this week.

Dreadnok4life
10-07-2004, 12:59 AM
Okay I read both issues. #34 was decent. I thought it was a nice touch to put Joe Colton in charge while Hawk is having his Professor X crisis. I must say Jane is looking very fit for a 75 year old woman. Hubba hubba :D

I totally did not get M&A #4. All the characters visually looked the same to me so I could not follow what was going on. The highlight was seeing Kamakura display his new tattoo to Jinx and the three clones. At least they looked like clones.

mukkidog
10-07-2004, 03:48 AM
I love the main series, but RELOADED leaves me cold. If a "re-invention" for the new Millenium involves turning GI JOE into a nasty, arrogant, whiny bunch of gits then I want no part of it. Long live Brandon Jerwa!

Antarctica
10-08-2004, 12:24 AM
I can't wait to see how Brandon is going to tye in the Master & Apprentice series with the regular one.