European Slaughter's Marauders Low-Light [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : European Slaughter's Marauders Low-Light

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-25-2004, 04:35 PM
I was checking this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2467&item=5923436730&rd=1

and I think the guy is right there is a slight colour variation between the european and american SM Low-light that is worth a mention on yojoe.com

notpicard
09-26-2004, 12:49 AM
I was going to bid on that and if I win, I will put up a comparison. This version is definitely different than the US release. I was unaware of the difference until I saw it in the new international reference book.

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-26-2004, 06:11 AM
it's also interesting that this european variant did not come on a slaughter's marauders card, the card had the common gijoe background of the period and the filecard was grey!

Blitzwingz
09-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Actually, all European filecards are grey.

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Naw TF Outback and Psyche-out have yellow filecards

Blitzwingz
09-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Naw TF Outback and Psyche-out have yellow filecards
well, you got me there:)
I meant to say all the regular figures have grey filecards. And Slaughters Marauders Lowlight was released here as a regular figure, as stated earlier.

JeffreyKabal
09-27-2004, 11:16 AM
funny is that some dutch / Belgian tiger force filecards (the cards released in the Netherlands & Belgium are in Dutch / French, the tiger force filecards don't exist in fully dutch) are yellow, but some are also grey.

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-27-2004, 01:56 PM
funny is that some dutch / Belgian tiger force filecards (the cards released in the Netherlands & Belgium are in Dutch / French, the tiger force filecards don't exist in fully dutch) are yellow, but some are also grey.

I believe that the color scheme was the same throughtout europe

Yellow filecards for the first six tiger force joes :
Outback
Psyche-out
Duke
Roadblock
Lifeline
Tripwire

Grey filecards for the four later ones:
Tunnel Rat
Blizzard
Hit'n'Run
Sneak Peek

JeffreyKabal
09-28-2004, 04:13 PM
i should check some of that.
But I've got a grey TF Outback filecard

Cobra_Island_Survivor
09-28-2004, 04:47 PM
maybe the TF outbacks and psyche-outs of the second year were issued with grey filecards..

Blitzwingz
09-29-2004, 01:40 AM
maybe the TF outbacks and psyche-outs of the second year were issued with grey filecards..
sounds very logical to me.

Deadshot
10-06-2004, 10:13 PM
sounds right to me as well. Much like how the filecards for the american figures changed from tan to grey in 85 to 86.

My TF Outback card is Yellow as well btw.

notpicard
10-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Okay, Low Light arrived in the mail today. I should have some images up sometime this week (I have a lot of work cut out for me right now).

But the differences were not quite what I expected. I was surprised to see how well the "camo" pattern matched the US/Brazil version. And the Euro one is the one that has brighter colors. The blue and green really make it obvious. Still, I have to say that just because of plastic quality, the Euro figure wins hands down against the US/Brazil SM Low Light.

notpicard
10-27-2004, 12:37 AM
I know it took me a bit getting these online. I was getting to some other stuff. It doesn't have a whole page yet. But here are the images:

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/images/EuroLowlight.jpg

http://www.yojoe.com/action/int/images/EuroLowlight_back.jpg

You can see all of the differences pretty well. That isn't a shadow or dark area. The Brazil/US figure is just a shade darker than the European one. I have to say that even with the slightly brighter colors, I like the feel of the European figure more.

Blitzwingz
10-27-2004, 03:10 AM
Skintone also looks differen't, doesn't it?

JeffreyKabal
10-27-2004, 09:04 AM
definetely!
I wonder if some other maruaders have the same. I'll take a look at my figures.

JeffreyKabal
10-27-2004, 05:20 PM
I just heard from Northwinds that Ron books says that only low light is lighter in color. I checked my figures and think he's right.

zangibar
11-07-2004, 08:49 PM
A friend wants to sell that figure MOC (Spanish Carded)

Any offer?

:)

jaguarxj
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM

My euro filecard of wild bill 1983 has the same colour as the US version. But who cares hehe