Funskool worth the $$?? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Funskool worth the $$??

michaelmonasmith
09-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Hi all.
I have been interested in getting some Funskool stuff via smalljoes.com, but have been disappointed in the past... namely the Super Cop set with the copter, bike and jeep and the Super Cop figure. The Toys were dirty, the plastic flimsy, and the Super cop I got had a busted arm at thr bicep swivel and half of the brim of his hat was gone. Smalljoes was short and not cooperative when I tried to get a refund. I just chalked it up as a bad experience. I had bought the set for my son'd b-day, so I just took out the busted figure and added some new Corps! figs instead. HE was happy. But I've recently been wanting to check out some of the Funskool individual figures, but I'm a little leary. Any advice would be a big help.
-Michael

acmirro
09-26-2004, 11:53 PM
There is no doubt, there are some serious quality issues with most Funskool Gijoe products.

When buying them, you will need to know that the quality is sub par when compared to the US released toys.

In my opinion, Funskool items are really nice additions to a collection.

Especially for the low price most of the newer ones sell for.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about them, if I can.

Biohazard
09-26-2004, 11:55 PM
i got my FS CGI here ( http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm )
i had a really great experience with them, raelly fast shipping and i even ordered all their CGI stock out :-D. they have some SUPER cheap 99cent FS figs. i ordered a few and they are really good. BUT the bagged ones are figures only, just a heads up

CobraGang
09-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Hi all.
Any advice would be a big help.
-Michael

As far as figures go, here's some names of figures I've bought from smalljoes.com that turned out to be decent.

Flint
Zarana
Ripper
Storm Shadow
Quick Kick
Night Viper
Crimson Guard Immortal (one leg is shorter than the other)
Budo
Muskrat
Road Pig

I've ordered other figures made by Funskool and they turned out to be garbage. Such as: Gen. Hawk, Toxo-Viper, Barbeque, Beach Head, ect.

My advice is to not purchase a large order of Funskool figures....You'll be highly disappointed.

JustinBarnhill
09-27-2004, 08:13 AM
i don't think you will be disappointed in funskool as long as you know what you are getting into. its all about your expectations. read ac's post above. the quality is well below their U.S. (china? haha) counterparts, but they are decent figs.

BelgianGabber
09-27-2004, 08:15 AM
I bought a box with all the regular funskool figures in. Three cards where ripped and two bubbles were cut open, the figure had even fallen out from one bubble.

Like AC stated, some figures have quality problems but if you get them on nice cards, they're worth the cash. I, however, will not order from Smalljoes again as they shouldn't send out such damaged cards...

code red shockwave
09-27-2004, 08:22 AM
i got my FS CGI here ( http://www.treasuresntoys.com/gijoe334.htm )
i had a really great experience with them, raelly fast shipping and i even ordered all their CGI stock out :-D. they have some SUPER cheap 99cent FS figs. i ordered a few and they are really good. BUT the bagged ones are figures only, just a heads up

After you ordered the CGIs, did they come with accessories or no? Just curious.

Biohazard
09-28-2004, 01:50 AM
nope it was just figures only, but from what i saw the CGI accessories are god awful bright yellow. im glad i didnt get them

robot_sonic
09-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Funskool quality also depends heavily upon when the figure was manufactured. Figures produced after Jan. 2003 are actually very close in quality to the new Hasbro ARAH-style Joes. Those produced before tend to have problems with paint masking and plastic quality, though some figures tend to be more affected than others.

I would highly recommend picking up some of the newer figures (Grunt, Big Brawler, Incinerator) as they are of very high quality. (Production wise. :) ) Overall, though, for $4 and change per figure, it's hard to go wrong. I've got a ton of Funskool figures and make it a point to pick up a few more every month or so. They are a good addition to a collection that doesn't require an onerous financial commitment.
--
Mike's G.I. Joe Page (http://www.ugolino.com)
Where Every Figure Has A Story!

BelgianGabber
09-28-2004, 11:33 AM
I agree they are a very nice addition to your collection. I really like them too. I, however, don't like to receive crappy mocs as those from Smalljoes. That way I have no choice but open them up...

michaelmonasmith
10-02-2004, 08:24 PM
A big thanks to everyone replied. I'll probabbly pick up a few. I appreciate the info/advice.
-michael

The Faceless Master
10-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I have ordered a bunch of times with smalljoes.com, my most recent order involving two FS Fang gyro copters...

The first box I opened up & was able to assemble my Fang, which I actually was pretty impressed with.
BUT the second box only had the main body of the Fang, no missiles, landing gear, nada... I emailed smalljoes customer service about this, and they quickly sent me my missing stuff. I received it today & was able to put together the 2nd Fang. Sorry to hear you had problems with their customer service dept.