Right scale truck [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Right scale truck

Richard J.
09-30-2004, 10:10 AM
Customizers, do any of you know if there is a 1:18 scale commerical transport truck? With cab doors that open and a large trailer section that opens and can fit Joes or maybe small Joe vehicles?

If you do know anything that might fit, let me know where to buy! I'm finally starting some customizing and dio work.

Richard J.

Softblader
09-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi,

thatīs a great idea. Iīm searching, too. When I find one, I will write you.
Maybe you can write me an e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Softblader:)

danyanda
10-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Good luck finding a 1/18 semi. I have been searching on and off for about a year. I actually own one. It is made of pressed metal and is the perfect size for joes. The cab would need to have the doors cut out and then hinged on to be functional, but I think it could be done.
The only problem is that this particular truck has a lot of sentimental value for me, so I can't customize it. I have looked all over the place for another truck similar to it. The pop up every once in a while on ebay, but go for fairly high prices. I have never found one in a toy store at all. The semis go up to 1/24 scale, and any larger scales only have pick ups, etc...
Again, if anyone finds info on 1/18 size commercial semis, please let us know.

Richard J.
10-04-2004, 01:18 PM
I actually own one. It is made of pressed metal and is the perfect size for joes. The cab would need to have the doors cut out and then hinged on to be functional, but I think it could be done.
The only problem is that this particular truck has a lot of sentimental value for me, so I can't customize it.

What is this called? At this point, I'm willing to pay the cash on eBay. The one vehicle I've always wanted was an ARBCO truck. Thought I'd found something that would work and it turned out to be the wrong scale.

That was embarrasing.

Richard J.

danyanda
10-04-2004, 07:15 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19063&item=6930442067&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19063&item=6930442225&rd=1

This is the only guy I have ever seen with auctions for the trucks. What I believe would work best is a 1/18 die cast or pressed metal semi truck. You would have to use some sort of saw to cut the doors out, then reattach them with hinges.

I have been looking for one to do an ARBCO truck as well.

Good luck, and if you find more than one cheap let me know.

zombieguide
10-08-2004, 10:51 AM
theres a joe size 18wheeler from the 70s, called CB McCool or somethin like that, pops up on ebay from time to time for about $50

badkarma66419
10-08-2004, 11:39 PM
I think you mean CB McHaul heres a link of a page with some pics of the rigs in question
http://www.megomuseum.com/misc/mchaul.shtml

Softblader
10-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi,

today Iīve found a great freightliner, that would be very good to do some customizing work. In the moment I live in europe, so I get to know with Gi Joe first, by name Actionforce. Here in Germany, Mannheim Iīve found it in a winning game. Thatīs the problem. Itīs a great freightliner with trailer and some kind of remote control!
I did some photographs of the package. If anybody wants a photograph, feel free I will send a pic in an e-mail back. At the package there was named Hua Peng. Does anybody know, what modelfabricant that is. Iīm sure the truck is made out of plastic material.
It would be great to create a M916 freightliner.

Yojoe!
Softblader.

Shipwrecked85
01-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Hey, if you guys are interested in ambush type scenarios, then the Hotwheels Crash Dummie rig would be good. It has room for possibly two joes up front, with some customizing. It really only holds one crash dummie seat, which are about the same size as a Joe seat. This truck would be cool to hit with a missile, because it actually blasts apart. The carrier part does not function normally. Instead of having the rear doors open, the hole side folds down to reveal a compartment that would hold a Joe team or a small Joe vehicle...motorcycle...or even something like the bomb disposal. I've used this in several dioramas...just for practice. Like I said, it's good for an ambush. LMK what you think. I would go to hotwheels.com to check it out, or look in wal*mart. *G*

Softblader
01-27-2005, 03:26 AM
Hey, if you guys are interested in ambush type scenarios, then the Hotwheels Crash Dummie rig would be good. It has room for possibly two joes up front, with some customizing. It really only holds one crash dummie seat, which are about the same size as a Joe seat. This truck would be cool to hit with a missile, because it actually blasts apart. The carrier part does not function normally. Instead of having the rear doors open, the hole side folds down to reveal a compartment that would hold a Joe team or a small Joe vehicle...motorcycle...or even something like the bomb disposal. I've used this in several dioramas...just for practice. Like I said, it's good for an ambush. LMK what you think. I would go to hotwheels.com to check it out, or look in wal*mart. *G*

Thank you much for the reply. I looked at it. Itīs amazing that truck is big an great for joes, youīre right. Thank you.
I search exatly for the truck Ford LTS or the M916. Ford LTS came out from matchbox but it wonīt fit the 1:18 joe-scale. If you find, tell me, please.