Fun and easy VAMP conversion [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Fun and easy VAMP conversion

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-30-2004, 06:12 PM
On my way back from the Ct. Joe show, i got lost in a pretty white-trashy area of Ct.. I was at a stop sign when I saw a big trash pile that looked like it had toys in it. i joked to my bubby about it, he looked and yelled "WAIT! there's a Vamp and a stun! seriously!"

I got out and snagged about two boxes worth of random toys, and about a box worth was all joe. I got a lot of weapons, some vehicles, but no figures. Well, the VAMP I got was pretty trashed. i used to just lot out the crappy ones and ebay them, but since I have been on this custom vehicle kick, i messed with it a bit. What i came up with was all all balck VAMP with a kit bashed turret that was really quick and a lot of fun. Now, i have a use for old Pac Rats and trashed VAMPS.

orionlukteel
09-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Nice!
Say, do you live around the corner from Gary? LOL
Similar story, same results. Nice pickup, nice custom!
I know you've been asked this a million times, but how many coats
of which type paint are you using?

GILTYONE
09-30-2004, 10:26 PM
Wow which I would have got lost. Any really good stuff in that box? Anyway that is a good grab and a nice custom vehicle.

KrymsynGardImmoral
09-30-2004, 11:02 PM
for that one, I used some paint sold at Wal-Mart, colormates, i think. it is in one of those "ribbed" cans. I try to do a LOT of light coats, otherwise it could bubble and drip.