View Full Version : New TV season

Jeff Bohn
10-04-2004, 08:21 AM
So who's watching what? What do you like or not like?

New Shows I'm watching so far...

Lost - I was hooked from the first minute of the show. I am worried that things may get a little dumb with whatever is chasing them on the island, but I'm hoping for something decent.

Desperate Housewives - the fact that it's Melrose Place in a rich neighborhood isn't helped by having two former Melrose Place stars in the show, but I did find the first episode funny, so I'll be back for more

Boston Legal - I got a kick out of Odo telling off Captain Kirk. Besides that, decent show, I'll tune in next week.

3 new shows I'm watching, all from ABC.

Continuing from previous seasons...

Scrubs - still my favorite show. Dr. Cox reminds me of so many people, including myself.

Waiting to come back...

24 - January 3rd? Not soon enough

Arrested Development (November 7th) - Great cast and clever writing.

orionlukteel
10-04-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm the boring type. LOL Just follow the Nielsens! :D

CSI (the original, not into NY yet, definitely not into Miami)
NCIS - Mark Harmon just plain gets the job done as an actor.
Without A Trace - Jerry Bruckheimer strikes again!
Cold Case - ditto

Now the geek shows (no Nielsen faves in here):

Andromeda - Hercules goes intergalactic - I love it, esp. the direction this season has already taken.

Battlestar Galactica - OK , so it doesn't start until January. That doesn't mean I can't watch the miniseries from last year over and over again until it starts! :D Heck, I'll even watch the 70's episodes until then!

Stargate SG-1 - liked the movie, the series is growing on me.

And I'm sure there are others...

Snow
10-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Those are all good shows and I'll check them out next week.
I have also enjoyed
CSI: Vegas
Stargate; Atlantis
Las Vegas

dockingbay97
10-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Boy I sure would want a toy line based off either of those Stargate shows.

I like Lost a lot as well. I think there is some kind of The Island of Dr. Moreau thing going on though. I also don't think the show can last that long - I mean how long can you keep them on the island before the cheese factor gets too high?

Boston Legal - two word - "Denny Crane"

bigklop
10-04-2004, 10:51 AM
I love CSI, but haven't watched any of the other CSI programs. Other than that, I basically only watch Dave Chappelle's show and Reno 911. The only other things I look forward to watching is the NFL every sunday, and the baseball playoffs. Go Red Sox!!!!!!

Ann G
10-04-2004, 11:59 AM
ER
Judinging Amy
JAG
Surviver

This is of course pending that my work schedule even allows me to see any prime time shows since my dad has hooked up so much crap to the TV, recording shows is not worth the effort...

GBPackRat
10-04-2004, 12:06 PM
The norm:

CSI: Vagas (Hands down, the best CSI out there)
CSI: Miami

The new:
Dr. Las Vagas (Looked funny and first one was entertaining)

Waiting to come back:
Alias (Last season stunk, but before that, no questions asked, best TV series out there)

Richard J.
10-04-2004, 02:14 PM
New Favorites:

Lost: J.J. Abrams strikes again.
Stargate Atlantis: Excellent show.

Old Favorites:

Smallville: Liked it from the first episode.
Charmed: Guilty pleasure show.
Alias: I think GB said it best

Alias (Last season stunk, but before that, no questions asked, best TV series out there)

Animated:

Teen Titans: I wish CC were more like Slade.

Thinking Of Watching:

Las Vegas: Originally thought it would be crap. Saw a few eps and changed my mind.

I Miss Them:

Angel: Cancelled with ratings higher than ever.
Firefly: Shown out of order, will soon have a movie!
John Doe: Strange but I liked it.

Richard J.

the joe bandit
10-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Waiting to come back:

Easily the best show out there. I cant beleive how long we have to wait for it. I liked both shows on ABC last night, Desperate Housewives and The Practice Part 2, I mean Boston Legal. I am just curious where Alias will fit into this schedule?

I have watched Joey a couple of times too, but thats mostly because I am trying to avoid reality shows this season.

Gemini Matrix
10-04-2004, 06:54 PM
All the CSIs
NCIS
Medical Investigation
Hawaii
FEAR FACTOR! :)
Adult Swim and Toonami-just to make it simple. ;)
and
Alias-Man I can't wait to see Jennifer Garner! :D

GBPackRat
10-04-2004, 07:13 PM
BC,

From what I heard... They're taking Alias back to the basic's like in season 1 and 2, so hopefully it will be well worth the wait...

Tanner

danyanda
10-04-2004, 07:32 PM
CSI - my personal favorite
the other two CSIs when I feel like it
Lost
Joey
Family Bonds on HBO (that one is interesting, in a drinks too much, acts out kind of way).
Everwood (I know, I know, but I watch it with the wife).

Other than that it is all reality, all the time with my wife (except for Oprah and Dr. Phil) so that's why I post so much.

Snake-eyes01
10-04-2004, 08:46 PM
My favorites:

CSI: Allways an AWESOME show!!
CSI NY: Not as good as CSI but it will do!
SURVIVOR: Yea, I know but I still like to watch it! :)
FEAR FACTOR: LOVE watchin' it when they have to eat those GROSS things!!
MONSTER HOUSE: Not really a "prime time" show but GREAT nonetheless!!
MONSTER GARAGE: Ditto

AND for the BEST show out there BY FAR.............................

AMERICAN CHOPPER!! Yea, lookin' forward to some more new episodes!! :)

the joe bandit
10-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Hawaii

I dont know how I forgot Hawaii! The show is great. Although I have never been there (going the end of the month) I do find it odd that a show based in Hawaii has so few Hawian characters. I cant imagine Dallas with a bunch of New Yorkers on the show! But I love the scenery!

thorn
10-05-2004, 12:31 PM
NO one is watching listen up????????????

i am a seinfeld FReak. so listen up with "george " jason alexander-
i am liking this show a lot. not nearly as good as the sein, but not bad at all. i like mindless shows.
also the new season of that 70's show.
CSI miami, although i am generally opposed to cop shows (you're always watching a bunch of pewople's lives get REALLY messed up)
i really like this CSI miami. cool stuff , the forensics.

Dreadnok4life
10-07-2004, 01:52 AM
I try to limit my television consumption. When I do watch T.V. I avoid cop shows because A) I'm a cop and B) Most are stupid and unrealistic. NYPD Blue is very humorous. Just about every suspect confession I've seen on the show would have been thrown out as illegally obtained. Memo to Sipowitz, you can't beat or threaten to beat a suspect until he confesses. That is called a Civil Rights violation and you will get prison time for that.

C.S.I. is even worse. I watched it evening during the first season because some of my coworkers were raving about it. The plot involved a truck driving couple that were serial killers. It was the most ridiculous sixty minutes ever. I remember one point where the CSI gang needed to locate the truck. So they rushed over to some computer and typed in some information. The computer told them exactly where the truck was. In a 30 second time period they rushed out and got a search warrant, performed a traffic stop the truck, and saved the chick who was tied up in the back of the trailer. They accomplished all of this while still managing to keep their perfect hair intact. The fastest I've ever been able to write a search warrant and get it signed is four hours. The average is usually closer to six hours. For all the CSI fans out there I want you to know I've been a cop for 14 years and I have been the lead Investigator on crimes ranging from murder to petty theft. And after all this time I still haven't examined the larvae of a worm to determine which South American river it came out of. :rolleyes:

My non cop friends ask me from time to time if I saw the last Cops episode. Ummm NO! It would be like a plummer watching a plumming show on his day off instead of football. :D

Most of my spare time is dedicated to my hobbies or sitting in my jacuzzi drinking beer. However my must see television shows are;

1) That 70's Show.

2) The Simpsons.

3) The Family Guy.

4) Enterprise.

5) ESPN News

6) Anything on the History Channel.

thorn
10-09-2004, 10:20 PM
hey Dreadnok- interesting info!
i had kinda wondered how cops viewed shows like NYPD, etc.
and i am GLAD to hear you dis them for abusing civil rights, etc.
- it is funny how certain parts of CSI just fall together, and the quickness they get warrants with.

youngjay
10-10-2004, 09:48 AM
I'm still watching the Justice League cartoon, pretty cool although I'm a a little sick of Supergirl in nearly every episode. I also love the Apprentice ( I know, I know, reality), but I just can't get into these weekly dramas (oh ya, except for Smallville--I missed last years season finally somehow--what the **** happened in that one, can someone link me to a synopsis?)

Just some info for my friends south of the border, I don't know if you guys get Showcase in the U.S, but you've got to watch The Trailer Park Boys! It's not reality, I really only got into it last January ( I think that's when the season starts), but I think most of you will get a kick out of it. Check it out!
Jay

Mike JT
10-10-2004, 11:21 PM
"Lost" is the best new series so far.

"Desperate Housewives" is dark comedy NOT soap opera. And is quite good.

"Life as We Know It" if you remember high school and were a boy WATCH this show. It's great!

"Gilmore Girls" is looking like it's wrapping up and is still fun.

"Nip/Tuck" just ended and was great.

"Boston Legal" was okay... I wanted it to be more crazy but it's trying to balance two sides. The guy from Keen Eddie is on it so that's cool And Spade and Shater and Odo are awesome.

I loathe the procedural shows. CSI and all those... they bore me to tears.

Mike JT
10-10-2004, 11:23 PM
hey Dreadnok- interesting info!
i had kinda wondered how cops viewed shows like NYPD, etc.
and i am GLAD to hear you dis them for abusing civil rights, etc.
- it is funny how certain parts of CSI just fall together, and the quickness they get warrants with.
Read an interview with the real head of CSI in Vegas, apparently the character on the show is based on him.

He said that most of the stuff that happens on the show.. atleast in the lab is legit... except that it takes weeks to months to get the results they get instantly.