"OPERATION: DRAGONFIRE" - did you like it? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : "OPERATION: DRAGONFIRE" - did you like it?

Duke's_Other_Half_Brother
10-06-2004, 10:31 PM
I *ahem* located a copy of the 5-part DIC series "Operation: Dragonfire", and watched it in its entirity for the first time tonight.

My views:

DONE WELL - Transistion of animation to stay something like the SUNBOW cartoons. Keeping a variation of the original theme song, and SGT. SLAUGHTER made it feel a little better.

DONE OK - Return of Cobra Commander. Scoop's connection with Cobra. Serpentor's end.

DONE BADLY. - DIALOGUE. Man, some parts of this thing sounds like it was written for 5 year-olds. At one point, Scoop looks at Alley-Viper and says something like "When I think about what GIJOE did to my parents home...I GET SO MAD....." I shuddered.

DONE WAAAAY BADLY. - The whole Baroness/Zarana/Destro love thing. Dumb.

Has anyone else watched this or remember watching it? It's worth it just to have a pseudo-sequel to GIJOE: The Movie.

Just my 2-cents.

Ridureyu
10-06-2004, 10:51 PM
There was one thing that I loved about it: Serpentor's end involved some absolutely wonderful poetic justice. He got tangled by a snake, and then was mercilessly turned into a reptile.

Ted
10-07-2004, 09:06 AM
When I saw it originally in 1989 I didn't like because it "looked" different.

Much later, I realized it actually is pretty decent. Maybe not the best Joe episode ever made but certainly best of the DIC episodes.

I'll always remember the end of part 2 when Cobra Commander comes back. I was so happy. And yes, it was great that they got rid of Serpentor.

So, on many levels it was a satisfying story. It is corny at times but as the parts progressed it got better and felt like a good Joe story.

So yes, it's worth seeing.

mack31
10-25-2004, 10:14 AM
hi do some one have a copy to sell or rent i never seen operation dragonfly and looking to do so soon also the pyramid of darkness and arise serpentor arise if u can help thx.