Fan Art Contest is here! Win an Agent Faces or a Flagg Y-Pin! WINNAH! 11-1-04 [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Fan Art Contest is here! Win an Agent Faces or a Flagg Y-Pin! WINNAH! 11-1-04

orionlukteel
10-06-2004, 11:22 PM
This contest is open to ANYONE.

The rules are simple.
1. Draw a picture of my favorite GI Joe Characters - Baroness and/or Lady Jaye - in whatever pose and whatever costume, in whatever background suits your fancy. (No nudity, please, we're trying to keep this site somewhat kid-friendly) :D If it's too raunchy, I'll ask the mods to delete it.

2. Drawings can be just about any medium, as long as they can be scanned and posted. I will put CGI characters, if any, in a separate category and pick another prize. Pencils are okay, just make sure your scan is dark enough.

3. Scan the drawing and mail it to me at orionlukteel@yahoo.com
Additionally, post it here, but make sure you stick to the image posting guidelines (eg no more than 600 x 600 pixels)

4. On October 20th, I will choose a winner. I would like to run a poll with the top three, but I'm not entirely sure the polls prohibit more than one vote per member, so I'll hold off on that until I find out for sure.

Just a general note - please do not put a copyright symbol anywhere on your drawing. :D Remember, they're not our characters.

I don't particularly care if you can draw or not. I'm looking for interpretation. :D If you have drawings that have been sitting around for a few years, you may use them, but they must incorporate one or both of the characters mentioned - no more, no less.

Additionally, don't try stealing fan art from other sites and passing it off. I am quite familiar with most of the fan drawings out there. Mr. Lee has a very noticeable style, as do many others out there. This is for fun. Don't be a goof!

That said, the winner will have his (or her!) choice of a complete Agent Faces or one of the ever- popular y-Pins for the USS Flagg! Don't like those? How about a complete Lady Jaye v.1 or Baroness v.1?

Shoot me a PM if you have any questions!

Start your pencils!

code red shockwave
10-07-2004, 08:11 AM
Looks like you'll definitely have to count me out of this one. I can't draw for beans, except for people/mutants with strange proportions, and stick figures. Oh well, good luck everyone! :D

Deadman2099
10-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Here are my pictures of Lady Jaye. I thought i would show this picture in stages, the first is in pencil,the second is the darks done in gouache, and the third is the gouache colors. Thanks for the contest :)

Copyright, Hasbro Inc.

Graz73
10-18-2004, 11:48 AM
Is it OK to get you the drawing on the 20th?

How many submissions so far??

orionlukteel
10-18-2004, 01:23 PM
Yup - the 20th is fine. Only one submission so far, which apparently means my track record for making contest rules sucks. :D

Two and a half days and counting!

amphigory
10-18-2004, 05:53 PM
i would be in if you could extend the deadline to maybe the 31st. i am booked and busy.

Stungun
10-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I'd like to get in on this too if you extend the deadline a bit.

orionlukteel
10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
All right - I thought interest was nonexistent, but in the interest of having a real contest, I'll extend it to the 31st to help out the competition factor a bit.

Remember, it doesn't have to be anything elaborate - pencils are fine. Heck, if it's okay with the artists, I may ink and color them myself once the contest is over for fits and giggles. :)

oLd ScHoOl ToYs
10-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey, ok as already stated in this post, I as well, am not a great artieest. But I have attached 5 pics that I myself have drawn. These will blow away the competition, lol :D

Later Guys...

orionlukteel
10-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Just for fun, I wanted to see if I could do what I asked. I am definitely NOT entering my own contest, just wanted to post for the heck of it. :D

This sketch took about 30 minutes total; no color, fairly deep detail, but you don't have to detail everything.

1 week remaining! Keep 'em coming, and thanks for the entries so far!

Peace,
Pat

Graz73
10-26-2004, 09:27 AM
THis isn't my main entry, but here is adrawing I whipped up when I was in a meeting...

Deadman2099
10-30-2004, 07:05 AM
Here's my drawing of the Baroness for the contest. I'll probablly upload the next versions again, like the Lady Jaye pics.

Copyright, Hasbro Inc.

Yo Joe!

yojoeshow
10-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Here's my entry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/yojoeshow/alleyvipes.jpg
Orionlukteel, I tried to email my pic to you but I'm not sure if it worked. I hope I'm not too late to submit, I'm a procrastinator. I did a pic of alleyvipers because I really like the idea behind them and their figs (except for the new aquanaut one). The gun they is that really cool one that came with the shipwreck vs. BAT pack.

orionlukteel
10-30-2004, 06:36 PM
Sweet drawings, guys. Keep 'em coming!

I'll close submissions at midnight tomorrow (don't forget Daylight Savings Time!)
and post the results on Tuesday.

Thanks!
Pat

orionlukteel
11-01-2004, 09:31 AM
Time's up!
After carefully reviewing the four entries that followed the directions and the few that didn't :D , our winner is....

DEADMAN2099!!!!!!!!!! for that smokin' Baroness pic. Nice work!

Come on down!:p

Thanks to everyone for entering the contest. Next one coming up will be a vehicle-based contest, which is a lot easier for some. I may also have runner-up prizes for this contest, so watch this space!
Deadman, you've got mail!

Graz73
11-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Can you post Deadman's picture somewhere? I want to see who beat me!!

orionlukteel
11-01-2004, 10:32 AM
Here's the winning pic. Enjoy!

Deadman2099
11-01-2004, 02:46 PM
hehe, thank you :)