Guru Planet.com... [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Guru Planet.com...

rah-digga
10-08-2004, 02:38 PM
...Has has the last issue of G. I. Joe v1 on sale for $95... Are you kidding me? Am I missing something?

GBPackRat
10-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Yes you are missing something...

GI Joe #155 series 1 by Marvel normally sells around $75 - $150 for VF - NM condition...

The reason its so expensive was that the print run was really low, because the title was ending and nearing the end of the run, the title had very little fan base, so even with a low run, very few were bought. It came out in 1994 and by 1998 it was already pushing $50... By 2000 it had hit the $100 mark and as been moving up and down right around there since then...

It seriously is an impossible comic to find. The only reason I own a mint copy is because I was lucky enough to be one of those few who picked the comic up off the comic rack for $1.75... A well worth $1.75, mighty fine story if I remember correctly...

But yeah, $95 isn't off base for the comic. Run some ebay searches and you'll see what I mean.

Hope this clears up some of your questions,
Tanner

rah-digga
10-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Well then thank God I didn't sell my copy off. I have all my comics but figured my only real gem was my 1st run, giant size x-men #1 but wow! Yo Joe! I've scored again. I'll be sure to frame that bad boy.

Thanks Tanner!

GILTYONE
10-08-2004, 06:59 PM
I don't even have one copy. Comics have been bad investments, I had a first appren. Of cable it was up to $125 a one time the last time I looked a few years ago it was $30. #1 gijoe was $100 now look. Like all investments u have to take a chance sometimes its better to just collect for ur self worth and that's it IMO.

GBPackRat
10-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Agreed... The comic market isn't all that great right now... It's been down since the 90's...But its slowly (and I mean slowly) been rebounding since about 2000...

Anyhow, yeah GI Joe 155 has only stayed so high because of the rebirth of the comic by Devil's Due in 2001 and the fact that so few are left in good condition... Many, many ,many 155's ended up in the quarter bins and got trashed and what not. Finding one in good condition for under $50 is a steal...I doubt it will ever drop below that, unless some one stumbles on another 50,000 in a warehouse that were never released... For proof that GI Joe 155 will last... it's been around $100+ for about 6 or 7 years... and it's price rose while GI Joe was at a down point (late 90's)... I doubt it will rise much higher than what its at now... but likewise... I doubt it will drop much either... It seems to have settled around the $100 point.

Tanner

bigjohnwoo
10-09-2004, 12:06 AM
I disagree. I think the last Joe issues will come down in price substantially. I've already noticed the occasional later issue (130s) creeping back into the $1/$2 boxes where a couple years ago they were trading in the 6-8 dollar range. GI Joe will come down. It's not like a Giant Size X-Men (Which, IMO, is also wildly overpriced. Who seriously collects comics and doesn't have a copy of this?) which is a real landmark of pop culture. "Last issue" is a fad right now. Like gold books were in the early 90s and bad girl books were after that.

Anyone want to buy a Gold Eternal Warrior #1 for 125 bucks? Or Lady Death #1 for 100 bucks?