Quick suggestion for the mods [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Quick suggestion for the mods

thunt4
10-10-2004, 04:36 PM
THis is just a small time saver for me and I am sure others but when you move a thread and its in the wrong location when you put "moved" in the title can you show where it was moved to? I know some mods post in the thread saying where it went which is fine with me. One other thing is this when you move a thread if I would post in the existing thread will my response move to the new thread or when you move a thread do you actually add another thread to the board so then there would be 2 seperate threads?I can better explain if this didn't make sense. Thanks

acmirro
10-10-2004, 04:45 PM
I hope this answers your questions.

If we move a thread the title on the list of threads in the category will show like this. MOVED: And Then The Title Of The Thread.

If we move from TOYS to FOR SALE the thread will be open in the FOR SALE THREAD and closed in TOYS. In fact all that remains of the TOYS thread is the title on the thread list page.

If you click the MOVED: And Then The Title Of The Thread text in the old category (the TOYS list) it will bring you to the open thread in the FOR SALE section.

If you had posted in the thread BEFORE it was moved, your post will be moved, along with the rest of the thread.

Hope that helps!

thunt4
10-10-2004, 04:54 PM
OK thanks a lot, that explained it well!