Japanese PVC model kits [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Japanese PVC model kits

tai95
10-12-2004, 10:34 AM
This is the best part about collecting, finding new international joe items. I've seen many Japanese items for sale on the web, but I have never seen this item before. Does anyone have any information about it.

Jeff Bohn
10-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Nice! It's like a Stikfas figure!

Any more of them that you know of, or only Snake Eyes?

notpicard
10-12-2004, 01:16 PM
That one is actually a Cobra soldier. When I saw that I looked more into it. Another site had listed a Fang and a HISS tank by Kabaya. But the links were broken. :(

dockingbay97
10-12-2004, 01:21 PM
my o my do I want those.

scwv
10-12-2004, 03:53 PM
ah man those are sweet. i see alot of oddball japanese joe items popping up lately. my latest was a magnet set.

Dean
10-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Man, I posted about these about a year ago with very little reply. I was one of a Cobra Commander. It was kool

dryhawk37
10-13-2004, 05:41 PM
I am offering approx. 50.00 to 120.00 EACH for these PVC Kits, if anyone has some for sale. Also, here is a pic of another one or 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5923631275&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

thanks
Drew

dryhawk37
10-13-2004, 05:52 PM
And Bill, did the magnets come 2 per pack, in a small paper sleeve with Duke on one side, and CC on the other?? If so, I have 2 packs of them. How hard would it be to complete a set of those bad boys..........

Snow
10-14-2004, 07:57 AM
I have seen the cobra commander one, but not many besides that...
Michael

De-Aco
10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
Very intresting item, might have to get some of those.

jabba the drunk
10-16-2004, 01:19 PM
This is the best part about collecting, finding new international joe items. I've seen many Japanese items for sale on the web, but I have never seen this item before. Does anyone have any information about it.

Holy! This has to be the COOLEST new international item I've seen in recent times! :D

Dave, congrats on picking this item up. (I'm assuming it's in your collection?) The Japanese Takara packaging has always been my favorite, due to how they present the beautiful Hasbro character/vehicle artwork with the "high tech" blue and red background.

This Kubaya packaging looks to be just like the Takara packaging. I wonder if there is an ownership link between the two companies, or if it's simply the style sheet that Hasbro wanted in Japan?

Anyway, would you mind giving some details on this Snake Eyes? (Same holds for you the Skyhawk, Drew...:) )

What is the scale of these models? Does the packaging or inserts show which characters and vehicles were available? On the Skyhawk, it says "chocolate"...was this actually an edible toys or sorts? Or was it a type of candy dispenser, once assembled? I see that Kubaya is a PVC toys maker, and also makes candies, etc.

Anymore details you can offer would be awesome. Thanks for bringing these cool Japanese items to my attention!

-Peter

Obiwanjacoby
10-16-2004, 04:26 PM
What is the scale of these models? Does the packaging or inserts show which characters and vehicles were available? On the Skyhawk, it says "chocolate"...was this actually an edible toys or sorts? Or was it a type of candy dispenser, once assembled? I see that Kubaya is a PVC toys maker, and also makes candies, etc.

Thanks, Pete! We're finally getting the essential questions out!

I'm thinking the figures aren't rehashes of the 3&3/4" figures then, right? Wonder what they look like when assembled and painted? Do they come with decals?

What I'm really dying to know is how many of these were there? Two Cobras and a Little Harry doesn't say "complete" to me :)

There's gotta be others. Maybe even a Destro for Pete to chase around???:D

Again, great posts. I'm very happy to see these!

-PJ

Redmao
10-17-2004, 08:47 AM
we might see even more japanese joe in the near future since that according to toyfare magazine, Gonzo studio, responsible for the Hellsing anime serie, as been approached by hasbro to produce direct to video Gi joe movies for the US.

Gi joe anime extravaganza or just the first step towards a new regular cartoon...we'll see

jabba the drunk
10-17-2004, 10:21 AM
There's gotta be others. Maybe even a Destro for Pete to chase around???:D

-PJ

Hah! You're reading my mind, PJ! :)

I'd love to discover that a Destro was made. If so, I'll have to start "shaking some trees" to find some of these super-cool Japanese items.

Like Dave mentioned, I think it's so refreshing to be alerted to "new" Gijoe items like these. Very cool.

Now...let's get some answers to our questions! :D

-Peter

dryhawk37
10-20-2004, 09:33 PM
Well, I got them in the mail today, and Peter.......(insert drum roll).........

I can confirm that there is a Destro one , as well as a Duke, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Gung Ho, and Cobra Soldier. As for the Vehicles, I believe( But not 100% sure) that there is a Hiss v1, Fang, Vamp, and Sky Hawk.

Ill take some pics when I get a chance....

jabba the drunk
10-21-2004, 06:28 AM
Well, I got them in the mail today, and Peter.......(insert drum roll).........

I can confirm that there is a Destro one , as well as a Duke, Cobra Commander, Snake Eyes, Gung Ho, and Cobra Soldier. As for the Vehicles, I believe( But not 100% sure) that there is a Hiss v1, Fang, Vamp, and Sky Hawk.

Ill take some pics when I get a chance....

You have made my morning, Drew! :)

This is very exciting news! I'm looking forward to checking-out those pics.

-Peter

jabba the drunk
08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Hey all,

(Big thanks to fellow forum member Sephiroth for the head's-up on this! Your kindness is much appreciated, Charles. Thanks, again. :) )

I feel very fortunate to have been able to have purchased the Kabaya Destro on Ebay, from forum member bermudamohawk! I'd been looking for this, ever since Drew posted about the existence of the Kabaya Destro (see a few posts up ;) )

It's a cool little item. I estimate the height of an assembled figure to approximately 2 1/2" tall. I'm keeping my as is, but it'd be cool to see an assembled Destro.

Here are some pics of the Kabaya Destro. Sorry about the pics of the actual contents, as it's difficult to take a picture through the plastic bag.

Unassembled Contents:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Kabaya%20Destro%20Contents.jpg

Insert:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Kabaya%20Destro%20Insert.jpg

Box Front:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Kabaya%20Box%20Front.jpg

Box Back:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~phubner/Kabaya%20Box%20Back.jpg

These Kabaya Joes are really prety cool. Thanks to David for selling!

-Peter

airedevon
08-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Congrats, Peter!!! Very nice!!!

Aire

jabba the drunk
08-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Congrats, Peter!!! Very nice!!!

Aire

Thanks, Aire!

Have you received your Kabaya Duke yet? :) It's such a cool piece. If so (and you are able to), post some pics! Also, feel free to send me pics to host for you if you want.

Thanks again for the congrats.

-Peter

airedevon
08-06-2005, 09:36 AM
No, not yet... but soon, I hope :-) I bought both the Duke and the Gung Ho. Yes, I'll be happy to post pics! I also concluded a deal for the Polish bootleg figure, and will post a pic when that arrives also!

Some cool stuff has become available recently! I am so so many of us are finding great pieces to add to our collections!

Aire

Onslaught Six
08-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Just found this. :D

http://www.toyarchive.com/Gi-Joe/JapaneseKit.html

Obiwanjacoby
08-10-2005, 09:47 PM
I'd seen the HISS before, but not the FANG. Thanks for sharing with us!:cool:

-PJ

Bermuda Mohawk
08-11-2005, 03:37 AM
I'd seen the HISS before, but not the FANG. Thanks for sharing with us!:cool:

-PJ

I actually sold those to the Toy Archive awhile ago. The HI.S.S. actually comes with Cobra Commander, not just a soldier like he mentions on that page. The Vamp came with Gung Ho and the Sky Hawk with a little Duke.

Sephiroth
08-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Hey all,

(Big thanks to fellow forum member Sephiroth for the head's-up on this! Your kindness is much appreciated, Charles. Thanks, again. :) )

-Peter

Hey man, no problem! I'm glad that I was I able to help you locate that cool Japanese Destro PVC figure that you've been looking for ... you're just lucky it wasn't the elusive Snake-Eyes figure as I would have been all over that one. j/k
Anyway, other collectors have selflessly come to my aid when I needed help getting Joe items (not easy being stationed overseas) and so I always try to pass it forward when I get an opportunity.

The Real Destro
08-11-2005, 05:51 PM
I wish they came out now.. Be cool to army build those.