Action Force Fan Club pack [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Action Force Fan Club pack

jcast
10-14-2004, 08:06 AM
I picked up the Action Force fan club pack thats shown here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5924893384

I have to say that the "mission cassette" alone is worth the price of admission alone. This is the funniest thing I've ever heard: Snake Eyes sounds like Mister Moto, Flint has a right proper British accent, Cobra Commander sounds like a hissing Nazi and Destro is simpering. Also The file cards are great: I had no idea that Alpine was an Algerian immigrant raised in France or that Snake Eyes was living in the Himalayas or that Airtight was born in Germany. Trust me, pick this up if you get a chance.

Blitzwingz
10-15-2004, 01:18 AM
Actually, most of the identities were changed in Europe. Civillian names and birthplaces were altered to give the Joes a more international feel. Afterall, they were marketed here as an international strikeforce!
For example, check out the differences between various countries of just 1 figure

Hawk v2
US: Hawk Clayton M. Abernathy Denver, Colorado
UK: Hawk
NL: Havik Clayton M. Springfield Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
BE: Vaillant / Havik Charles M. Clayton - Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
FR: Vaillant Charles M. Clayton Richmond, Surrey; England
SP: Hawk James M. Avernathy Warminster, England
IT: Hawk
DE:

JeffreyKabal
10-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Marc here is pretty busy with finding out these names and birthplaces from every figure released in Europe. This is a pretty large list. If you have information please give it to him. I was busy doing the exact same thing as marc (blitzwingz) but to spare time he creates the list so I can work on our site.
Especially German cards are needed. If anyone has some please let Marc know!