What's Your Favorite Moment? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Moment?

Richard J.
10-16-2004, 04:31 PM
The title asks it all. What is your favorite moment in the comics? Is it the salute between Wild Weasel and Ace? Is it Cobra Commander being shot by the Baroness? Marvel or Devil's Due, what is the moment that does it for you?

Include issue number if you can!

Richard J.

BIGFAN
10-16-2004, 10:55 PM
my all time favorite is when greenshirt letson dies because his "teammate" is a stupid wheenie!

way to go letson! :D your a hero in my book!

Deadshot
10-17-2004, 01:16 AM
what issue was that in again?

BIGFAN
10-17-2004, 01:18 AM
dd issue 34!

DaSmokeEater
10-17-2004, 09:03 AM
Marvel: The big SAW Viper mows-down-Joes scene
When they meet Joe and Jane from the 60's..."I always thought you were...bigger!"

DD: When Bazooka answers the call to duty with "uh...is there any sort of fitness test involved?" It's nice to be reminded our heroes are aging with us.
Flash and Mainframe. "Mission accomplished"

Richard J.
10-17-2004, 07:49 PM
Marvel: The big SAW Viper mows-down-Joes scene
What issue was that one any way? I've been trying to find it and haven't had any luck.

Richard J.

DaSmokeEater
10-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Issue 109 starts the body count

Mr Rage
10-19-2004, 11:50 PM
My favorite moments are:
When the Baroness & Fred VII come out of the helicopter & Baroness declares Cobra Commander is back. Seeing Serpentor bamboozled was priceless.

Serpentor getting the arrow in the head by Zartan while Mindbender looked on in horror.

Cobra Commander tossing his helmet to Serpentor, having it blow up in his face, & kicked off the outcropping to a watery grave.

I detect a pattern.

Mr Rage

yojoeshow
10-20-2004, 08:13 PM
DD #1: Kamakura is spying on the Dreadnoks, and shishkabobs a crock without even looking.

Richard J.
10-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Issue 109 starts the body count
Thanks for that info! I've been looking for a copy of this one forever and never seen it.

Also, adding to this thread. My favorite moment from the DD Front Line series, before it got bumped for the not-so-great GI Joe Reloaded, was in the second part of the Zanya origin.

Her moms about to whip her in the face with a studded belt, this the latest abuse in years of mental abuse. :mad: Zanya grabs her wrist and stops her cold. Her mother's eyes go wide. :eek: Next thing you know, little Zanya's an orphen. :cool:

Well, at least until she found daddy Zartan. ;)

Every user and abuser should get the same treatment.

Richard J.

the joe bandit
10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Zartan loose in The Pit! Spoiled a bit by the conclusion, but Doc discovering the switch, Breaker blurtting out what happened, the chasing afer him, and the unique uses of Bareque and Blowtorch always made this a great issue for me!

Liokaiser
10-22-2004, 08:48 PM
Marvel:

The Arrow taking out Serpentor to me is a classic scene.

Snake Eyes and Stormshadow hunting down Zartan together because Zartan killed their sensei. The Cover to this book is just a shocker (picked it up the minute I saw it)

Devil's Due:
Serpentor killing Damian, new character who we didn't get a chance to dwelve into and the fact it just made yah hate Serpentor more. (22 I think)

CC's drugged or nightmare or whatever of the Joes and Cobras attacking him in toon form and a the twins as a two headed monster *L* I just like seeing who all I can name in that one (issue 2)

assassin
10-29-2004, 11:40 PM
any time zartan kills somone hahah
zartan fighting firefly then zandar just shows how bad he really is

Ridureyu
10-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Devil's Due:

Cobra Comnmander's exploding helmet trick against Serpentor. It reminds us all why he's in charge of Cobra.