Your experiences with the Hoverstrike...should I give it to my son for Christmas? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Your experiences with the Hoverstrike...should I give it to my son for Christmas?

darthbinks1
12-18-2014, 06:59 PM
I just received a NIB Hoverstrike. Does it work as advertised? Is it loud, hard to control etc...? What are your experiences with it? If it works well, I would like to give it to my son, if not I guess sell it on ebay.

Super Sport
12-18-2014, 08:13 PM
I'd sell it. Older electronic toys, even ones that haven't been used, can be hit or miss when it comes to functionality. The Hoverstrike uses an included rechargeable battery, which is now over 10 years old, so who knows if that thing will work. Get your boy something similar, but brand new, so you can return it if it doesn't function properly.

/2¢

darthbinks1
12-18-2014, 08:29 PM
I'd sell it. Older electronic toys, even ones that haven't been used, can be hit or miss when it comes to functionality. The Hoverstrike uses an included rechargeable battery, which is now over 10 years old, so who knows if that thing will work. Get your boy something similar, but brand new, so you can return it if it doesn't function properly.

/2¢

I couldn't wait, so I busted it open for myself! Don't judge me. My sons have more Joe vehicles than you can shake a stick at ;) Let ya know tomorrow how she handles :o

Super Sport
12-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Godspeed...

gnawgahyde
02-18-2015, 02:51 AM
This was a huge disappointment. Very loud not easy to control and needs a whole lot of room to actually be any fun. I mean like huge empty auditorium sized room to be fun.

FireFox91
02-18-2015, 02:31 PM
This was a huge disappointment. Very loud not easy to control and needs a whole lot of room to actually be any fun. I mean like huge empty auditorium sized room to be fun.

Told ya.... (in another thread somehwere. Maybe another forum.) The real fun is in the Crossfire if you can even get one. It's really zippy and just fun. Of course I didn't drive it for long because I didn't want to wreck it.