Chicago Announcement! [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Chicago Announcement!

Nomad
10-18-2004, 08:30 AM
OK, for those that don't know, there is going to be a Desimone Joe show coming to Chicago on Nov. 7th.
So, I figured, that's a good chance to have a get together!

So, here's the deal. I've already been talking to Blayloxzeuss and TR1ER (from Joecustoms), and after the show, I'm going to host a Joe get-together at my place. Barbecue, beer, Joe cartoons, trading and more. If you're interested, I'd like RSVP's by Nov 3rd. Even if you're not, please pass the message to other Joe fans in the area you may know about.

Post questions or comments here, or PM me, and I'll answer in this thread. I'd really like to have a large get-together, and make it so we can all meet out fellow local collectors.

Let me know!

Blayloxzuess
10-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Sounds Great to me!

The only thing is, I am setting up at the James DeSimone show & have to stay there till the end.

Also, are you going to the Kane show this coming up weekend? I still have that Defiant for you, if you'd still like it. I left you a voicemail a few weeks back after my phone cut out on me from the earlier conversation.

Nomad
10-18-2004, 12:58 PM
Sounds good. If you need help cleaning up from the show, let me know. We'll get you out of there ASAP. ;)

I'm gong to try to pop in at Kane on Sunday, but I have a bachelor party for my firend the night before, so don't expect me to be too "aware." Heck yes, I still want ot look at that Defiant. I'll bring those Vipers with me on Sunday, too.

TR1
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
yeah Chicago Coil's Rep your set! hey Blaylox I'd give ya hand with my boy Nomad, so we can do tha damn thang!

Blayloxzuess
10-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Sounds Good. I'm sure it won't take long taking everything down. It is NOT a very big show, if you guys haven't already been there to see for yourselves. I will probably the only one with 3 3/4" Joes there, it is almost all 12" stuff. There might be one or two others with 3 3/4" stuff, but last time there wasn't. I'm only setting up 1 table with just cheap stuff (whatever is left after the Kane show).

The Show Usually dies down around 1-2PM, But I have dealt with him a bunch & he really wants us to stay there till at least 3ish for people who come late.

Nomad
11-01-2004, 07:59 AM
Bumpitiy-Bump. Six days to go folks! I need to know by Thursday who plans to attend, so please PM me ASAP if you going to show, and haven't let me know already. We're currently expecting 8-10 folks, so it should be plenty of good trading and drunken antics.
See you then!

TR1
11-02-2004, 12:10 PM
What if you don't drink?

Nomad
11-05-2004, 12:52 AM
Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!!!!

OK, gents, hereís the deal.
For those wishing to go to the Desimone show on Sunday, you can get the details from www.gijoeinformation.com. Admission is $5 and its from 10 AM to 3PM at the Park Plaza Hotel in Arlington Heights.

As to the REAL main event, the get-together at my house is at 3 PM. Iíll be there at about 2, so feel free to show up a little early if you want. We are asking everyone to bring about $5 to chip in for food. Hopefully, Iíve guilt-tripped Rueben (TR1ER) into cooking for us. ;)

Right now, Iím expecting myself, TR1ER, Blayloxzeuss, Copperhead, Bucketoftoys, Robot Rabbit, AlwaysGQ, Viperscout7000, Koppenschevelle, and maybe one or two more. Feel free to bring figures to trade or sell, money to spend, and drinks to share if you want Ďem. The plan is to go until everyone is Joe-ed out or midnight, whichever comes first. Weíll be watching Joe cartoons as long as our tolerance level lasts ;).

Nomad
(Sam)

If youíre not on my list above, I donít know youíre coming, please PM me for info.

Blayloxzuess
11-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Shoud I still bring the terror drome & defiant & 97 Rage?
Is there anything else you or anyone else needs?

Nomad
11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Shoud I still bring the terror drome & defiant & 97 Rage?
Is there anything else you or anyone else needs?
Yes!
I've also had a request from someone for you to bring your $2 bins, and one of the guys (Copperhead) just won 8 SnowSerpents from you on eBay and wanted to now if you could just hand-deliver them.

TR1
11-05-2004, 10:57 AM
yeah $2.00 joe's! Hey Blay do you still have A NAC,and sky sweeper left over for me? I NEED MORE FODDER! Holla at ya boy.

Goldbug
11-05-2004, 08:11 PM
Sorry got a birthday to go to.

Blayloxzuess
11-05-2004, 09:45 PM
yeah $2.00 joe's! Hey Blay do you still have A NAC,and sky sweeper left over for me? I NEED MORE FODDER! Holla at ya boy.

Yes, thank you for reminding me, I would have forgot!!!
I'll bring those, the $2 bins & the defiant & terror drome.
I'll also bring those Snow Serpents.

Just let me know what you would like me to bring & I'll bring it :-)

Blayloxzuess
11-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey Nomad,
I'm not going to be able to make it out to the show today. My brother & his wife are expecting there baby this morning & I kind of have to go there. I tried calling your cell phone around 7:30 this morning, you answered & then hung up, lol. I was going to tell you that I pre-paid for a table at the show & you could have it, just tell them you are me. Anywho, I still have all that stuff for you.

TR1
11-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Man wish you could have been there we had a great time. I hope the best for your fam with the baby! Would have been nice to get that NAC and SKYSWEEPER tho. Holla at ya boy.

Blayloxzuess
11-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Man wish you could have been there we had a great time. I hope the best for your fam with the baby! Would have been nice to get that NAC and SKYSWEEPER tho. Holla at ya boy.

I'll call Nomad, maybe we can meet up either sometime this weekend or next weekend.