A Question Concerning G.I.JOE: The Movie and Sunbow Continuity [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : A Question Concerning G.I.JOE: The Movie and Sunbow Continuity

Duke's_Other_Half_Brother
10-19-2004, 09:37 PM
Hey guys! Remember the scene in "G.I.JOE: The Movie" when Serpentor meets Pythona for the first time, and he says "I...I have seen....I have seen you before....in a dream....a vision...."

I haven't seen "Arise Serpentor Arise in a long time, but I remember when Doctor Mindbender had the dream about combining DNA into Serpentor, but I was wondering....was there ever an episode that showed this "vision" or "dream" he had of Cobra-La before the Movie came out>?

Also, are the episodes after "Arise Serpentor Arise" worth seeing, or should I consider buying the Season 2 DVDs?

Thanks!

Reptilian Popinjay
10-20-2004, 07:56 PM
Though I have a preference for the Season One episodes, some of the Season 2 episodes are good and to be honest, do not feature that many 1986 characters as opposed to "Arise, Serpentor, Arise!" which had almost nothing but.

A personal favorite of mine is "Sink The Montana." I thought that was a neat premise, a well-written episode.

Richard J.
10-21-2004, 12:42 AM
A personal favorite of mine is "Sink The Montana." I thought that was a neat premise, a well-written episode.
That is one of my all time favorite episodes. Personally, I think the Season Two, Part One set is worth it just for that one.

A good comedy episode is "The Million Dollar Medic." Big Lifeline story, a tad wacky but funny.

I could be wrong, but, I don't think Serpentor's vision of Cobra-La was ever shown on screen, except for the flash in the movie. If the movie had come out later and Sunbow had been able to make more episodes of the show, I imagine they would have worked up to it but instead it's pretty much a bolt from the blue.

Richard J.