Meet & greet for D/FW? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Meet & greet for D/FW?

Alyosha
10-24-2004, 05:33 AM
Just a quick note to say hey to a couple of guys, and float an idea. Got to meet DaveGehan1976 and Airedevon this weekend at the Plano Sci Fi Expo and just wanted to say that they are great folks, and very friendly to boot! The idea is not a new one, but I would like to put together a meet & greet for some of the local Joe collector's here in the D/FW area. I've done it once before with limited results and would like to see a bigger response this time. You guys have any thoughts or ideas that might make this a little more feasible for everyone?

Kir Kanos
10-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Hi Alyosha, count me in. Good to meet you at the show. I don't really have any suggestions for a get together, I guess I'd be up for whatever. What happened at the last one, were there a lot of people there?

Big Iron
10-26-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd be up for it. I also have a buddy I drag to shows who is into Joes that would come to.

Kir Kanos
10-27-2004, 07:23 AM
Are you guys going to the wizard world con in November?

Alyosha
10-28-2004, 12:56 PM
I'd really like to, but more than likely I will skip it to go to Houston the following weekend for the Houston SPace Center GI Joe show. It's supposed to be pretty big, and I have a buddy who is going to set up and sell. For more info: www.texasgijoeshow.com

Big Iron
11-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Are any of you guys going the "Collectors Show" at the Stirling Hotel in Dallas on Nov 13th? They are put on by Raymond Jones. I saw it listed in the Master Collector book. I've never been to one before, are they worth it?

red25thta
11-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Alyosha,

You know I am down for that. I wish I could go down to H-town with y'all but work and finances are keeping me down. :( But whenever the get together is just let me know. I'll do all I can to get it off. (Sat's are best for me)

Big Iron
11-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Hey if you guys even get a whiff of the KB Exclusive Operation Crimson Sabotage being at any of the KB's in the area and you've already got the number that you want/need let me know. Even though I ordered within an hour of the stuff being on KB.com I am not one of the fortunate few that got theirs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Paul

racer223
11-27-2004, 11:02 PM
yea i havent seen any of those in austin
i would meet if it was in austin

Big Iron
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok KBkids just cancelled my order....

I hit the KB in Richardson Square today and nothing (although Action Figures are 20% off if you need any PowerTeam stuff)...

KB at Northeast Mall in Hurst claimed not to have any on the phone.

KB at Grapevine Mills didn't have any and looked at me like I asked for canned farts when I asked if they had them.

I'll call Ridgmar tomorrow and maybe even Parks at Arlington (but they are closing and the manager SWEARS they won't get them, or perhaps she knows that cuz they "fell off the back of the truck" and onto ebay)

If any of you guys see them I'll pay you $10 a piece over and above retail + tax. I only want 4 of em. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Alyosha
12-02-2004, 04:35 AM
Check Grapevine Mills tomorrow morning. I have an inside tip that they got some today, but won't have them unloaded until in the morning. Good luck!

red25thta
12-02-2004, 11:20 AM
Thanks John. I will check. I only have enough Cash for two of them. Big Iron if you want to met up there tomorrow (Fri) e-mail me @ red25thta@yahoo.com.

Big Iron
12-02-2004, 11:46 AM
GV Mills has em. I got a couple. They are not on the shelves...they are still in the cases. They had at least 3 or 4 more cases in front and in the back.

If you miss them let me know, I got a call from my Sister-in-Law who said the KB in Lubbock has them today too and I'll have her snag one.

Also it is 20% off on Action Figures today.

Thanks for the tip ALOYSHA...you rock.

red25thta
12-03-2004, 12:58 AM
I got one of the guys I work with to loan me $200. So i am heading up there in the morning and buying 10 or so. Anyone needs them drop me a line.

Big Iron
12-22-2004, 06:08 PM
The Super Target in Colleyville/Euless at Glade and 121 had 3 Desert Humvees as of about 30 minutes ago.

I snagged one. They also had the Blue Cobra Plane thing (sorry don't know the name)

Big Iron
01-09-2005, 08:15 AM
Guys I was cleaning out the garage yesterday and I have determined I have about 3-4 boxes of RAH stuff (vehicles, figs etc) that I can't store and don't display. I'd love to pass it on/swap/sell to another collector instead of packing it up in a storage box and stacking it in the corner for the next decade.

I can get us a meeting room in Grapevine (they have them available free for residents). If we all had a good day in mind(I think even a weekeday afternoon would work) I'd be happy to do all the leg work.

Let me know.

Paul