DIC on DVD [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : DIC on DVD

Kir Kanos
10-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Anyone know if the DIC episodes will make it to DVD?

Obiwanjacoby
10-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Well. . .not if they're still sitting in unsold piles for the past 14 or some-odd years like they are now at my Premier Video outlet in Spokane.

Let's put it this way, they sold more copies of "Hammerman" than DIC's GIJoe.

So I'm not going to pre-order the DVD right away, if you get my meaning ;)

-PJ

Kir Kanos
10-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Yea, that's what I figured. I was just looking for the dvd out of curiosity, I've never seen a DIC episode, I guess I am a completist.

zartan15
10-27-2004, 09:44 PM
Well. . .not if they're still sitting in unsold piles for the past 14 or some-odd years like they are now at my Premier Video outlet in Spokane.

Let's put it this way, they sold more copies of "Hammerman" than DIC's GIJoe.

So I'm not going to pre-order the DVD right away, if you get my meaning ;)

-PJ
does this mean I can pick up some dic episodes? I've never seen them either (except the one that came with rapid fire). If they're unsold, how much for 1 copy of each, and how many different ones are there?

orionlukteel
10-28-2004, 12:27 PM
You honestly aren't missing much if you haven't seen the DIC episodes. I got the three-pack hoping to see my favorite characters in action, and there are barely any.

I don't remember the name of the episode, but there was only one out of the three I liked. The animation was hit or miss, and I didn't really get into them at all.

BUT... to each their own. I regretted spending $10 on the three-pack, others might be thrilled to have 'em.

Obiwanjacoby
10-29-2004, 01:57 PM
does this mean I can pick up some dic episodes? I've never seen them either (except the one that came with rapid fire). If they're unsold, how much for 1 copy of each, and how many different ones are there?

Just one episode, "Infested Island". $3.50 for the tape.

-PJ

rea1180
10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
DIC is suppossed to the same continuity of the originals which I guess they did a pretty good job with, except Grunt being in "El Dorado's Gold". In "Worlds Without End" he was left in the other demention.
(Is it just me or am I a really bad speller?)

Rasputin
10-29-2004, 04:57 PM
i grew up with the DIC episodes

some were really hokey (MetalHead's grandma or mom? What the ?)

but other then that i liked it and i liked the theme song too

i guess cause i am a bit younger then most of the guys here.

Liokaiser
10-29-2004, 05:46 PM
Hmm I only remember a few so yeah I wouldn't mind seeing them on DVD Would like to see the whole Python Patrol storyline. I missed parts thanks to the channel it aired on's weird way of doing things would show an ep and then the next day it would something else and the day after it's like the 3rd part of a storyline. Really hated that.

Goldbug
10-30-2004, 07:15 PM
I understand some of the opinions on the DIC episodes. Sure they were bad but I still would like to see some of those characters in cartoon format.

Road Dogg
11-09-2004, 11:46 AM
I would buy a DIC dvd set. I'm probably the only though.

Now I Know...
11-09-2004, 08:52 PM
I would buy a DIC dvd set. I'm probably the only though.

Make that 2! I'd buy it.It stunk,but I'd buy it.

Anybody know if "A" is for Andriod is one of those episodes I really don't remember any of the DiC eps,except that one I think?

hotdog
11-09-2004, 10:46 PM
I'd buy it too, didn't someone have them for sale once? home copies that were transfered to dvd format? I know I was going to buy them once, but there was an issue with money for copy righted stuff? maybe a trade?

Road Dogg
11-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Then it is is agreed! 3 copies already are sold! :) I would also settle for original airings with the Slaughter bumpers.

Evil Ryu
11-14-2004, 02:28 PM
Make that 4.

rea1180
11-14-2004, 02:36 PM
I bought them all on VHS from somebody on these message boards, I'd still wish they come out on DVD. I pick them up right away!

Propadeutic
11-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Make that 5. I'm ready to buy, but I'd hate to pick up VHS tapes and see the DVD come out soon thereafter. But I wouldn't pay more than $60 for the entire DIC series, even in DVD format.

Jeff Bohn
11-15-2004, 09:33 AM
I'd be up for it. I'm getting itchy for "new" Joe material right now, even going as far as hunting down the DIC episodes that have made it to video.

Graz73
11-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Forum user " Forcefull1 " recently offered to make copies of all DiC episodes on VHS. He claims to have them all on tape.

I didn't take him up on the offer, yet, and can't speak for him, but if you want to track down come of these rare episodes, i suggest contacting him.

Jeff Bohn
11-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Don't forget the FAQ...

"Please do not use the boards to sell dubbed video tapes. If you are interested in buying a copied set of the cartoons, a list of reputable fan dubbers is at http://qktheatre.com/faq/. Trading cartoon tapes is acceptable, as is selling original videos (FHE or Kid Rhino, etc)."

Just a reminder!

rea1180
11-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Forum user " Forcefull1 " recently offered to make copies of all DiC episodes on VHS. He claims to have them all on tape.

I didn't take him up on the offer, yet, and can't speak for him, but if you want to track down come of these rare episodes, i suggest contacting him.

For what it's worth I can vouche for him. I got my tapes from forcefull and I'm glad I did. Quality is about what you'd expect from tapes this old. It's all in how bad you want them.

Robot Rabbit
12-03-2004, 12:35 AM
I'd be up for it. I'm getting itchy for "new" Joe material right now, even going as far as hunting down the DIC episodes that have made it to video.

Me too...so I guess that makes 7 of us! Woot!

I was able to find the three pack at a TRU in 2001. It was unmarked, and the shrinkwrap came undone, so they gave it to me for 99 cents per tape!

Which is about all they're worth, but still...