Dallas Comicon- did anyone else go over the weekend? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Dallas Comicon- did anyone else go over the weekend?

Kir Kanos
10-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I did, saw the Q&A with Michael Keaton. He was promoting his new movie 'White Noise'. This was perhaps the worst show ever for finding joes though.

Big Iron
10-26-2004, 04:30 PM
After waiting in line for 45 minutes, I proceeded to spend $20 on guns/packs with one guy and then some more cash for some loose figures, but they were the only 2 guys I found selling Joes. Except for the guy who was selling the Convention Hydrofoil.

Hopefully Wizard World in Nov will be better. I was real dissappointed. I came home with money.

Kir Kanos
10-27-2004, 07:26 AM
I hear you, big iron. It seems the selection of joes is declining with each show. There used to be a few other joe dealers, but I haven't seen them in awhile. They used to tell me that the Dallas show didn't seem to have a market for "small joes".

George_bgp
10-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Hello there, I was on Dallas last week, have a bunch of GI Joes, most of them loose, and also I was looking on stores, and trying to find people who have figures from the early 80's, anything about Joes.

I also went to some comic stores there, I often travel to Dallas, so, if you want, we can meet some of the next weeks, if you are interested, please PM or email me.

Jorge

Jonas
10-28-2004, 04:14 AM
To the dude with the Depeche Mode userid: rock on!

Anyways, I have an off topic question: is the upcoming movie, 'White Noise,' based on Don DeLilo's novel of the same name?