Starting a MIB Collection 82-85 - Need some help/advice [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Starting a MIB Collection 82-85 - Need some help/advice

Heelz2315
05-18-2021, 08:34 AM
Good Morning guys and gals! I am starting to try and round out my collection and hunting some MIB vehicles from the early years, 82-85. Does anyone have any ideas on tracking them down other than Ebay?

I'm hunting the following;

MOBAT
VAMP
APC
HISS
DRAGONFLY
HEADQUARTERS
SKYSTRIKER
POLAR BATTLE BEAR
ZARTAN-SWAMP SKIER
RATTLER
WHALE
SHARC

I'm only going back to track down the items I had when i was growing up. I am rather new to this so any help would be appreciated. I know these are not cheap or easy to come by so I come prepared and ready to learn.

ZufallX
08-03-2021, 10:59 PM
Good Morning guys and gals! I am starting to try and round out my collection and hunting some MIB vehicles from the early years, 82-85. Does anyone have any ideas on tracking them down other than Ebay?

I'm hunting the following;

MOBAT
VAMP
APC
HISS
DRAGONFLY
HEADQUARTERS
SKYSTRIKER
POLAR BATTLE BEAR
ZARTAN-SWAMP SKIER
RATTLER
WHALE
SHARC

I'm only going back to track down the items I had when i was growing up. I am rather new to this so any help would be appreciated. I know these are not cheap or easy to come by so I come prepared and ready to learn.

I've had great luck finding things on Facebook in GI Joe groups. Try https://www.facebook.com/groups/TradeYerJoes and mention you're from the yojoe.com post.

SpeedRacer350
08-05-2021, 05:50 PM
Why do people have to abbreviate the most important part of a post? I don't know what MIB is, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

ZufallX
08-05-2021, 07:46 PM
Why do people have to abbreviate the most important part of a post? I don't know what MIB is, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

MIB = Mint In Box. It's literally the first abbreviation you should learn as a toy collector, along with MOC (Mint On Card)

Out of curiosity... What were you expecting to find in the MOC/MISB forum?

theguru1974
08-05-2021, 11:48 PM
I'll never understand MIB collectors. Just display an empty box, it's basically the same thing. Unless you're operating a museum? Who has the money for a $1000 toy to sit unopened? That guy who bought thousands of Snow Serpents?

SpeedRacer350
08-06-2021, 12:50 PM
MIB = Mint In Box. It's literally the first abbreviation you should learn as a toy collector, along with MOC (Mint On Card)

Out of curiosity... What were you expecting to find in the MOC/MISB forum?

cool. thanks.

1) I was in a mega bad mood when I wrote that.
2) I got a link to it in my email, so I didn't specifically seek out that forum.
3) All I could think of was Men In Black, so I imagined modding all those in black and was intrigued.