decent funskool supplier for international buyers [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : decent funskool supplier for international buyers

nemesis
11-02-2004, 02:01 AM
After a long and fruitless search I came across these guys, shipping from India ...

http://mall.coimbatore.com/funskool/gijoevehicles/gijoevehicles.html

... and finally today I received my first funskool Skystriker so thought I might give the website a quick review.

Firstly, this might be of more interest to buyers ex-USA - the main attraction for me was that the prices cited are inclusive of shipping, and are extremely reasonable when compared with other web retailers when you take that into account; but it might be of less interest to US residents where shipping isn't such a pain.

There doesn't seem to be anything ultra-rare there - no MIB AWE strikers in that fantastic army green, unfortunately - but they do have some nice items like Detonators and Mean Dogs which I'll be adding to my collection forthwith.

The interface is good without being too flashy. I suspect they may have copied wholesale from some other website some of the blurbs next to the pictures of the items (why else would an Indian company say "imported from India"?). In fact I was wondering whether this might be an elaborate scam until the package arrived this arvo. That impression was not helped by the fact that their online payments were handled by a third party, but it all worked out in the end.

They lose some marks on the shipping itself - whilst from getting shipping confirmation to reaching my house was okay (13 days - around the same amount of time it takes for something to reach me from the States airmail), it took almost 3 weeks for them to actually ship it after I ordered it. Mind you, I had fair warning of that - it's emblazoned in red on the top of the web page that it can take that long.

The cardboard box packaging itself was a worryingly dented, and the skystriker box looked even worse, which makes me suspect that it had been damaged in transit to whereever it was finally boxed up for shipping to me. That being said, there was absolutely no damage to the all important contents - so no harm done.

All up, I give them 7 out of 10 - lots of stuff I'm keen on getting, reasonable prices, but it takes an age and I'm a little worried that my next item might get damaged in shipping.

Anyway, hope that helps other collectors out there.

Righto
John

Fabio
11-03-2004, 06:28 AM
That seems to be a great source! Always wanted to know where to get their Sky Striker, who knows someday. And the prices are SHIPPED worldwide! Can't beat that!

gsmiley007
03-15-2005, 02:37 PM
What currency are the items listed in?

nemesis
03-15-2005, 06:42 PM
US dollars. It looks like they've put their prices up by $5-10 since I bought my skystriker, I guess because of the current weakness of the greenback. They've also got less items in stock - I've missed out on my Mean-Dog :(

joebahama
04-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey that India detonator looks much better than the US release. Its missiles are grey instead of that horrific orange! I may get two one for Cobra Infantry the other for Blue vipers.