Cobra Battle Hornet info? What is this version? [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Cobra Battle Hornet info? What is this version?

dockingbay97
11-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Does anyone have any info on this version of the Battle Hornet? Pre-production version? Midnight custom? Upcoming variant?

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/battlehornet01.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/dockingbay97/battlehornet02.jpg

gunslingercbr
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
powerjedi999 was selling that last week. probably just a test shot, or if you are more hopeful then I am a change in production, if these are still being produced, which is probably unlikely since the next wave of alpha vehicles, the Sting Raider and Tigerhawk, are already in stores, so Hasbro has probably already moved on to the next wave of alphas.

dockingbay97
11-08-2004, 04:29 PM
powerjedi999 was selling that last week.

Yeah, I won the auction.

I hope it is not just an upcoming variant - that would tick me off. I think if they were going to change the paint scheme, it would be a greater departure than that.

gunslingercbr
11-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I won the auction.

I hope it is not just an upcoming variant - that would tick me off. I think if they were going to change the paint scheme, it would be a greater departure than that.

congrats, while not a fan of the vehicle that version looks pretty nice. I think you are right, if Hasbro was going to rerelease it it would be with more than justa minor difference in the details, they would change the color completely like the Night Adder or Tigerhawk.

Gemini Matrix
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Wow that's kinda cool, Dock. Guess only time will tell if it's a variant or whatever.

dockingbay97
11-22-2004, 07:22 PM
I got this in the mail today.

It is pretty cool how the body is made of a blend of yellow and black plastics. The swirl effect is neat.

The front gun, rear fins and top red piece are all red instead of orangish like the released one. Also the tint of the yellow canopy is a little darker.

Agent Orange
11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
I got this in the mail today.

It is pretty cool how the body is made of a blend of yellow and black plastics. The swirl effect is neat.

The front gun, rear fins and top red piece are all red instead of orangish like the released one. Also the tint of the yellow canopy is a little darker.

That coloring technique looks really cool.

And it makes each vehicle unique!

I really dislike the Battle Hornet as a vehicle, but it's nice to see Hasbro experimenting with new production ideas.

In fact, I've have liked a lot of the production changes Habro has made over the past few years (softer, more durable plastic, sturdier vehicle construction, and added articulation - which they inexplicably later removed).