Hiss 1 mail in variant [Archive] - YoJoe.com Forums

View Full Version : Hiss 1 mail in variant

statesofeuphoria
11-12-2004, 06:43 PM
I have several Hiss tanks, both store versions and mail ins. One of the mail ins has 3 notches where the turret goes instead of 2. Is this a common thing? I've read that the Hiss 3 has 3 notches but all of the Hiss V1's I've seen has just 2. It's not a painted V1, that is a fact. Any idea how common this is? i can post pics if you want.

Propadeutic
11-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Both of my (second-hand) HISSes have two notches, as does the SMS. But since most of the vehicles offered by mail were a little different, I wouldn't be surprised. There were at least eleven different mail-in offers where the HISS was available. Yojoe reports that there was a sticker variation as well.

statesofeuphoria
11-13-2004, 09:42 PM
yeah, the mail in's had white 788 letters. The only thing I can figure is if this was available around the time when the septic tank was in stores and used the modified mold. Was there a mail in offer around that time that included the Hiss?

Alex sombras
11-23-2004, 06:04 AM
My 1st HISS was from Hasbro Direct. It was the same except for the white stickers. This could be a mail in version when the Mold was Modified for Septic Tank. The Hiss III has the 3 tabs in that area and the Guns Tower from the Septic Tank fits in it. If want a picture from all 4 let me know. Alexis

Propadeutic
11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Was there a mail in offer around that time that included the Hiss?

Let's see...

The Septic Tank was released in late 1991. The "Escape from Doom" offer came with vehicles that year and expired 9/30/92; it included the SHARC, the HISS, and the WOLF, plus the Micro-Vehicles and a few figures. The HISS was also one of the many vehicles available through the "Terror on the Tundra" offer (exp. 9/30/93). That was the first one to offer Ninja Viper.